The Truth About PartyLite: Is It Legitimate MLM or a Scam?
When it comes to party supplies and home decor, PartyLite is one of the most well-known names in the business. The company has been around since 1973 and has a long history of selling candles and other related items. If you’re thinking about joining PartyLite as a distributor, you’ll want to read our complete review before doing anything. In this article, we’ll tell you whether we think PartyLite is a scam or not, who founded the company, what products it sells, how the compensation plan works, and more. We’ll also give you our opinion on whether or not you should join PartyLite and some alternatives if you decide that it’s not right for you.
History of PartyLite
PartyLite was founded by Mabel Baker back in 1973. She had the vision to create a business where people could purchase high-quality candles and accessories at reasonable prices. The company quickly grew in popularity and within just two years, it had become one of the leading sellers of candles in the United States. PartyLite later expanded its product line to include home decor items such as vases, figurines, and wall art.
Mabel Baker was a former schoolteacher who had always longed for a career in business. After leaving her teaching job, Mabel decided to start her own company. She spent several years researching products and suppliers before eventually launching PartyLite in 1973. Since then, the company has grown exponentially and is now one of the most recognizable names in the home decor and party supply business.
The company’s name is derived from the fact that it specializes in selling candles and related items. The idea is that these items can help to lighten up any occasion, whether it be a birthday party, wedding reception, or holiday celebration.
PartyLite’s mission is to provide high-quality products at an affordable price. They strive to create a unique shopping experience that allows customers to find the perfect items for their home and special occasions. The company also believes in giving back to the community by donating a portion of every sale they make to charity.
What products does PartyLite sell?
PartyLite currently offers a wide range of products including candles, home decor items such as vases, figurines, and wall art, and party supplies like paper plates and cups. The company also sells a variety of gift sets featuring multiple items from its product line.
In addition to their traditional products, PartyLite also offers a selection of seasonal items that change with the holidays. They also have a small selection of electronic items such as air fresheners and aromatherapy diffusers.
- Candles: pillar, tealight, votive, tart and wax melts
- Vases and other home decor items
- Party supplies: paper plates and cups
- Gift sets featuring multiple products from the PartyLite line
- Seasonal items and special offers
- Electronic items such as air fresheners and aromatherapy diffusers
PartyLite sources its products from a variety of suppliers around the world. The company has relationships with more than 100 different vendors, including some of the leading names in the industry. This allows them to provide customers with high-quality items at competitive prices.
PartyLite has a strong reputation among its customers. The company is known for providing quality products at reasonable prices and their customer service department is highly rated. Many people also appreciate the fact that they offer seasonal items and special offers throughout the year.
In addition, PartyLite has a rewards program that allows customers to earn points for every purchase they make. These points can then be used to redeem exclusive offers or discounts.
How does PartyLite work?
PartyLite is a direct sales company that relies heavily on independent consultants to sell its products. Consultants are responsible for organizing parties and events where customers can purchase items from the PartyLite line.
Consultants can also choose to join an existing team or create their own team. Working with a team allows you to leverage your group’s collective experience and resources to maximize your success.
PartyLite’s compensation plan is based on a multi-level marketing (MLM) system. This means that PartyLite distributors can earn money by both selling the company’s products and recruiting new members to join their downline.
PartyLite distributors earn an income by selling the company’s products to customers and recruiting new members. Distributors can make money from commission on sales, bonuses for meeting certain goals, and overrides for having a large downline.
The amount of money that a distributor can earn depends largely on how much effort they put into their business. Distributors who work hard and are dedicated to their business are more likely to be successful.
- Retail sales: 25% commission on all sales.
- Recruiting: 10% commission on recruiting new distributors.
- Bonuses: Up to 25% bonus for meeting certain goals.
- Overrides: Up to 7% override on your downline’s sales.
PartyLite’s compensation plan includes several different ranks. These ranks provide an additional incentive to distributors, as they offer additional bonuses and overrides when you reach certain levels in the system.
The higher your rank is, the more money you can make from selling products and recruiting new members. Each rank also has a monthly fee that must be paid in order to maintain your status.
The highest rank is the Elite Director and it comes with additional benefits such as invitations to special events, personal access to PartyLite executives, and discounts on merchandise.
Here are the ranks and how they work:
- Director: This is the entry level rank and requires a one-time fee of $105.
- Regional Director: Requires an annual fee of $500 and must produce at least 300 PV in sales per month.
- National Director: Requires an annual fee of $1000 and must produce at least 600 PV in sales per month.
- International Director: Requires an annual fee of $2500 and must produce at least 1200 PV in sales per month.
- Elite Director: Requires an annual fee of $5000 and must produce at least 2400 PV in sales per month.
How to join PartyLite
Joining PartyLite is easy and only requires a few steps. All you need to do is fill out an online application form, pay the start-up fee, and purchase your starter kit.
The start-up fee costs $99, and the starter kit includes everything you need to get started. This includes items such as catalogs, order forms, a business plan guide, and samples of PartyLite products. Once your application is processed and approved, you are ready to start selling!
PartyLite starter kits:
- Basic Starter Kit: Includes catalogs, order forms and samples. It costs $99.
- Builder Starter Kit: Includes everything in the basic starter kit, plus additional materials such as marketing tools and business plan guide. It costs $199.
- Premier Starter Kit: Includes everything in the basic and builder kits, plus an additional selection of products to sample at your events. It costs $299.
Once you have purchased your starter kit, you will have access to PartyLite’s online training program and resources. This includes videos, tutorials, and other helpful information to help you get started on the right foot.
PartyLite also offers support to its distributors in the form of weekly sales calls and monthly meetings. These are great opportunities to get advice and tips from experienced PartyLite distributors, as well as network with other members.
PartyLite offers several different types of training programs that can help you learn more about selling products, recruiting new members, and managing your business. These include online tutorials, in-person training sessions, and webinars.
PartyLite also offers tools such as a website builder and social media marketing tools to help you promote your business online. You can use these resources to get the word out about your products and services, as well as to increase your sales.
Is PartyLite a legitimate MLM company?
PartyLite is a legitimate MLM company and has been in business since 1973. The company features a wide selection of products at competitive prices, and its compensation plan rewards distributors for their hard work. With effective training and support programs, PartyLite makes it easy to get started selling products and building your own successful business.
PartyLite is not a pyramid scheme. Under a pyramid scheme, there is no product or service being exchanged. Instead, participants are incentivized to recruit more people into the scheme, and those on the lower levels of the pyramid make money by recruiting others. However, with PartyLite, there is an actual product or service being exchanged and distributors earn commissions based on their sales performance.
Has PartyLite been involved in any complaints or lawsuits?
PartyLite has not been involved in any major lawsuits or complaints. The company is compliant with all regulations, including the Federal Trade Commission’s regulations regarding multi-level marketing companies.
What we like about PartyLite
- Wide selection of products at competitive prices.
- Comprehensive training and support programs.
- Simple compensation plan that rewards distributors for their efforts.
- No major complaints or lawsuits against the company
What we don’t like about PartyLite
- Start up fee is somewhat high compared to other MLM companies.
- Online marketing tools are limited.
- No free starter kit option available.
- Training is not mandatory for new distributors, which can impact success rates.
Are there alternatives to PartyLite?
There are several alternatives to PartyLite. These include:
- Avon: Avon is a well-known cosmetics and skincare company that offers MLM opportunities. Avon’s compensation plan rewards distributors for their sales performance and team building activities.
- Jamberry: Jamberry specializes in nail wraps, lacquers, gels, and other nail care products. Distributors receive commissions on product sales and can also receive bonuses for recruiting new members.
- Scentsy: Scentsy sells wax melts, diffusers, warmers, air fresheners, and other home fragrance products. Distributors make money by selling products directly to customers and building a team of sales representatives underneath them.
- Amway: Amway sells health, beauty, home care and nutrition products. Distributors make money by selling products directly to customers and building a team of sales representatives underneath them.
- Herbalife: Herbalife specializes in health and wellness products, including weight loss supplements and shakes. Distributors make money by selling products directly to customers and recruiting new members.
- Mary Kay: Mary Kay is a cosmetic and skincare company that offers MLM opportunities. Distributors make money by selling products directly to customers and recruiting new members.
- doTERRA: doTERRA sells essential oils and other natural health products. Distributors make money by selling products directly to customers and building a team of sales representatives underneath them.
- USANA: USANA sells vitamins, supplements, weight management products, and other nutritional goods. Distributors make money by selling products directly to customers and recruiting new members.
- Youngevity: Youngevity sells health and wellness, beauty, and gourmet food products. Distributors make money by selling products directly to customers and building a team of sales representatives underneath them.
Each of these companies offers similar products and compensation plans, so it is important to research each option thoroughly before deciding on a particular company. It is also important to consider the training and support available through each company to ensure that distributors have access to the resources they need to succeed in their business.
Our verdict on PartyLite
We recommend PartyLite to those who are looking to start their own MLM business. The company has a wide selection of products, competitive prices, and a simple compensation plan that rewards distributors for their efforts. However, it is important to consider the startup costs and training options before making a final decision.
It is also important to compare PartyLite with other MLMs before making a commitment. Each company offers different products, training, and support options that may be better suited to certain individuals.
Overall, we think PartyLite is a great option for those interested in pursuing an MLM business. With its wide selection of products and easy-to-understand compensation plan, PartyLite provides a great foundation for success.
Thorough research is essential for making the best decision for your business. We recommend researching each company carefully and considering all of the factors that play into a successful MLM business before you make your final choice.
Here are some factors to consider when research a multi-level marketing company:
- Product selection and pricing.
- Quality of training and support.
- Compensation plan and startup costs.
- Reputation of the company.
I Buy I Review is one of your best sources of information on MLM companies and other online programs and courses that claim they’ll make you rich. We provide honest, unbiased reviews that you can trust.
So if you’re looking to get started in the MLM industry or want to switch from your current MLM company to a different one, make sure to read our reviews and take our advice into consideration before making any decisions. We are here to help so you can avoid wasting your time and investment.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.