If you’re considering joining SeneGence as a distributor, you’ll want to read our complete SeneGence MLM review first. SeneGence is a multi-level marketing company that sells cosmetics and skin care products through a network of distributors. The company’s flagship product is LipSense. SeneGence has been around since 1999 and was founded by Joni Rogers-Kante. The company sells a variety of products, including cosmetics, skincare, and haircare products. In this review, we’ll cover how SeneGence works, how to join SeneGence, the company’s compensation plan, whether SeneGence has been involved in any complaints or lawsuits, what we like about SeneGence, and what we don’t like about SeneGence. We’ll also provide some alternatives to SeneGence if you decide to go a different route.
History of SeneGence
SeneGence was founded by Joni Rogers-Kante in 1999 when she developed a business plan and set out to make her dream of an innovative cosmetics company a reality. SeneGence has over 100,000 distributors in the United States and over 200,000 worldwide. The company’s headquarters are located in Irvine, California and SeneGence has over 50 products available for purchase. The company has experienced tremendous growth, with sales increasing by more than 500% between 2011 and 2017.
Joni started SeneGence to provide women with high-quality cosmetics and skincare products that are long-lasting, safe, and affordable. SeneGence is committed to helping women look their best by providing them with innovative products that deliver results. SeneGence also ensures that its distributors are well taken care of with competitive compensation and incentives.
Joni is SeneGence’s CEO. She is a self-made entrepreneur and has been in the cosmetics industry for over 25 years. Prior to SeneGence, she held positions at The Estee Lauder Companies and Lancome Paris where she developed unique skincare products. Joni graduated with a degree in business administration and a minor in marketing.
SeneGence is a combination of the words “Sensational Senses” and “Regency.” SeneGence focuses on providing customers with products that are sensuous yet luxurious. The company strives to provide each customer with an experience that is unique and special.
What products does SeneGence sell?
SeneGence sells over 50 products. SeneGence’s flagship product, LipSense, was first released in 2000 and quickly gained a cult following. SeneGence has since expanded its product line to include cosmetics, skincare, and haircare products. SeneGence’s products are designed to be long-lasting, safe, and affordable. SeneGence also ensures that its products are cruelty-free and paraben-free.
- LipSense: SeneGence’s lip color is a long-lasting, smudge-proof lipstick that includes SenePlex Complex. SeneGence also offers LipSense glosses, balms and removers.
- Cosmetics: SeneGence’s cosmetics line includes eye shadows, blush, foundation, bronzer, and more. SeneGence’s cosmetics are designed to be long-lasting and provide a flawless finish.
- Skincare: SeneGence’s skin care line includes cleansers, toners, moisturizers, masks, serums and more. SeneGence also offers SeneDerm Solutions Skin Care System which is designed to address specific skin care concerns.
- Hair Care: SeneGence’s haircare line includes shampoos, conditioners, masks and more. SeneGence’s products are designed to nourish the hair and scalp and provide long-lasting results.
- Body scrubs: SeneGence offers body scrubs and masks that are designed to exfoliate the skin and improve its appearance. SeneGence’s body scrubs are made with natural ingredients such as sugar, sea salt, coconut oil, and more.
- Body lotions: SeneGence’s body lotions help to hydrate the skin and improve its appearance. SeneGence’s body lotions are made with natural ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, and more.
SeneGence products are made in the USA with natural ingredients that are sourced from around the world. SeneGence has its own research and development team as well as a Quality Assurance team to ensure that all SeneGence products meet their high standards.
How does SeneGence work?
SeneGence is a multi-level marketing (MLM) company, which means that it uses a network of independent distributors to market and sell its products. As an SeneGence distributor, you can buy the company’s products at wholesale prices and resell them for a profit. SeneGence also provides you with the tools you need to build your own business, such as websites, marketing materials, and training courses.
SeneGence distributors can earn money in several ways:
- Retail profits on sales of SeneGence products: SeneGence distributors earn a commission when they sell SeneGence products to their customers.
- Recruiting bonuses: SeneGence distributors earn a bonus when they recruit other SeneGence distributors.
- Leadership bonuses: SeneGence distributors can qualify for additional bonuses if they meet certain criteria and reach the higher SeneGence levels.
- Retail sales bonuses: SeneGence distributors can earn additional bonuses when they make a certain amount of retail sales in a given period of time.
SeneGence has 5 ranks. SeneGence distributors can progress through the ranks by meeting certain criteria. As SeneGence distributors progress through the ranks, they gain access to additional benefits and bonuses.
Here are SeneGence’s five ranks:
- Star Consultant: This is SeneGence’s entry-level rank. To qualify for this rank, SeneGence distributors must have a minimum of 200 points in personal retail sales each month.
- Director: SeneGence distributors must have at least 1,000 points in personal retail sales and three qualified SeneGence Star Consultants to reach the Director rank.
- Executive Director: SeneGence distributors must have at least 2,000 points in personal retail sales and six qualified SeneGence Directors to reach the Executive Director rank.
- Senior Executive Director: SeneGence distributors must have at least 4,000 points in personal retail sales and nine qualified SeneGence Executive Directors to reach the Senior Executive Director rank.
- National Sales Director: SeneGence distributors must have at least 8,000 points in personal retail sales and twelve qualified SeneGence Senior Executive Directors to reach the National Sales Director rank.
As SeneGence distributors progress through the ranks, they gain access to SeneGence’s lucrative compensation plan. SeneGence distributors can earn retail profits, recruiting bonuses, leadership bonuses, and retail sales bonuses.
How to join SeneGence
To join SeneGence, you must be sponsored by an existing SeneGence distributor. Once your sponsor has completed the registration process, you will receive a SeneGence starter kit that includes SeneGence products and marketing materials. You will also gain access to SeneGence’s training courses, which will help you learn how to build your SeneGence business.
Here are the SeneGence starter kits:
- SeneGence Sultry Makeup Kit: This SeneGence starter kit includes SeneGence makeup products and marketing materials. It costs $99.
- SeneGence Sultry Skin Care Kit: This SeneGence starter kit includes SeneGence skin care products and marketing materials. It costs $139.
- SeneGence Sultry Hair Care Kit: This SeneGence starter kit includes SeneGence hair care products and marketing materials. It costs $169.
- SeneGence Sultry All-In-One Kit: This SeneGence starter kit includes SeneGence makeup, skin care, and hair care products and marketing materials. It costs $249.
Once you’ve purchased a SeneGence starter kit, you can start selling SeneGence products and recruiting SeneGence distributors. You can also access SeneGence’s training courses to learn more about the company and how to build your SeneGence business.
Is SeneGence a legitimate MLM?
SeneGence is a legitimate multi-level marketing company and has been in operation since 1999. SeneGence is a member of the Direct Selling Association (DSA) and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. SeneGence has not been involved in any complaints or lawsuits.
The company is not a pyramid scheme. Under a pyramid scheme, distributors only make money by recruiting SeneGence distributors. SeneGence instead encourages its distributors to focus on selling SeneGence products, not recruiting SeneGence distributors.
Has SeneGence been involved in any complaints or lawsuits?
SeneGence has not been involved in any complaints or lawsuits. SeneGence is a member of the Direct Selling Association (DSA) and complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
What we like about SeneGence
- SeneGence sells quality products that have been proven to be effective.
- SeneGence has a generous compensation plan that rewards SeneGence distributors for their hard work and dedication.
- SeneGence provides its distributors with helpful training materials and support, so they can be successful in building their SeneGence business.
What we don’t like about SeneGence
- SeneGence is a multi-level marketing company and requires SeneGence distributors to recruit SeneGence distributors in order to be successful.
- SeneGence’s starter kits can be expensive for some people
Are there alternatives to SeneGence?
If SeneGence isn’t for you, there are other MLM companies in the cosmetics and skin care industry that you might want to consider.
- Younique: Younique is an MLM company that focuses on selling makeup, skin care products, and other beauty items. Younique has an active online presence and uses social media to promote its products.
- Avon: Avon has been in business since 1886 and specializes in selling cosmetics, fragrances, skincare items, and other beauty products. Avon is one of the world’s largest direct selling businesses and has an international presence.
- Arbonne: Arbonne is an MLM company that sells natural health and wellness products, including cosmetics, skin care items, and personal care products. Arbonne also offers nutrition and weight management supplements.
- Oriflame: Oriflame is an international MLM company that sells cosmetics, skin care products, fragrances, and hair care products. Oriflame also has a wide range of health and wellness products.
- Rodan + Fields: Rodan + Fields is a MLM company that specializes in selling dermatologist-developed skincare products. Rodan and Fields has developed its own line of skin care items that are designed to help improve the look and feel of your skin.
Our verdict on SeneGence
SeneGence is a legitimate MLM company that sells quality products and has a generous compensation plan. However, SeneGence is an MLM company and distributors need to recruit SeneGence distributors in order to be successful. Additionally, SeneGence’s starter kits can be expensive for some people. If SeneGence isn’t for you, there are other MLM companies in the cosmetics and skin care industry that you may want to consider. Ultimately, it’s important to do your own research and decide if SeneGence is a good fit for you.
Thoroughly researching MLM companies is crucial
Before you joining a multi-level marketing company, we always recommend thorough research. SeneGence is no exception to this rule. Consider a company's products, compensation plan, and company culture before making a decision. It's also important to compare similar companies in the industry so you can make an informed decision about which MLM company is right for you.
We consider I Buy I Review to be an essential resource when researching MLM companies and other online programs and courses that claim they’ll make you rich. Our goal is to provide you with honest reviews so you can make a well-informed decision instead of wasting your time and investment.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.