Is Jewelry Candles a Legit Direct Sales Company? Our Complete Review
If you’re like most people, you love getting gifts—especially ones that come with a special surprise inside. Jewelry Candles is a company that offers just that: candles with jewelry hidden inside. So, the question is, is Jewelry Candles a legit direct sales company? In this complete review, we’ll answer that question and more. You’ll learn about the company’s history, products, compensation plan, and more. We’ll also share our thoughts on whether or not we think Jewelry Candles is a scam. Keep reading to get all the details!
Who started Jewelry Candles and when?
Jewelry Candles started in 2012 on Facebook, when the founders decided to launch the company with the mission of offering unique products that would surprise and delight their customers.
Their product gained traction quickly as more people heard about it on social media, and by 2013 they launched their first official website. Company headquarters are located in Phoenix, Arizona.
Liz Thomas owns Jewelry Candles, and she oversees the company’s operations. Liz is also an experienced multi-level marketing (MLM) professional, having previously worked at companies such as Avon and Mary Kay.
The company is called Jewelry Candles because its flagship product is a candle that contains jewelry inside. The surprise jewelry inside can range from rings to necklaces and earrings, depending on the size of the candle.
What products does Jewelry Candles sell?
Jewelry Candles offers a variety of scented candles with jewelry hidden inside. Each candle comes in different sizes and scents, such as White Tea Ginger, Lavender Breeze, Egyptian Amber, and more. Aside from the flagship product of candles with jewelry inside, Jewelry Candles also offers other products for sale on their website. These include wax melts, soap bars, perfumes, body sprays, lotions and lip balms.
The jewelry you get inside a Jewelry Candle can range from rings, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. The type of jewelry depends on the size of the candle and ranges from costume jewelry to sterling silver pieces. Each piece comes with an authenticity stamp for assurance that it is genuine.
Jewelry Candles primarily sources its products from various manufacturers and suppliers. The company’s jewelry is sourced from all over the world, with some pieces coming from India, China and the United Kingdom. The candles are made in the U.S. using 100% soy wax that is natural, eco-friendly, and vegan-friendly.
How does Jewelry Candles work?
Jewelry Candles is a direct sales company that uses the multi-level marketing (MLM) business model. This means that individuals can sign up to become independent consultants for the company and bring in a residual income by selling Jewelry Candles products and recruiting new consultants.
How to earn an income with Jewelry Candles:
- As a Jewelry Candles consultant, you’ll have access to the company’s products at discounted prices. You can then sell those products to earn a commission or profit.
- You can recruit and sign up new consultants for your team. When those new consultants make sales or recruit their own members, you will earn commissions from their efforts as well.
- You can also earn bonuses from the company for reaching certain sales goals or recruiting milestones. These bonuses include: starter kit bonuses, team building bonuses and leadership bonuses.
Jewelry Candles’ compensation plan is based on a unilevel structure, meaning that all consultants fall under the same team. The compensation plan allows consultants to earn money from the sales of their own products, as well as from the efforts of any downline members they recruit.
The company offers three different commission levels that depend on the total product volume in each consultant’s team and the number of active consultants in the team. Consultants can also earn performance bonuses, depending on the total sales volume of their team.
- Basic: 10%
- Advanced: 15%
- Elite: 20%
Jewelry Candles has six different ranks in its compensation plan. To qualify for each rank, you must meet the requirements set out by the company. These include a certain amount of total sales volume, recruiting a minimum number of new consultants and achieving personal retail sales goals.
The six ranks are:
- Consultant: The starting level of the company. This requires a personal sales volume of 50 PV and no team members.
- Lead Consultant: Requires a personal sales volume of 75 PV and one personally recruited active consultant.
- Manager: Requires a minimum total team sales volume of 250 PV, five personally enrolled active consultants, and two active Lead Consultants in your team.
- Director: Requires a minimum total team sales volume of 1,000 PV, five personally enrolled active consultants, two active Managers in your team and two Lead Consultants with 50 PV each.
- Silver Director: Requires a minimum total team sales volume of 5,000 PV, ten personally enrolled active consultants, three active Managers in your team, two Lead Consultants with 75 PV each and one Director.
- Gold Director: Requires a minimum total team sales volume of 25,000 PV, twenty personally enrolled active consultants, four active Managers in your team, three Lead Consultants with 100 PV each and two Directors.
In addition to the regular commission levels and ranks, Jewelry Candles also offers performance bonuses. These bonuses can range from $50-$1,000 depending on the total sales volume of your team.
How to join Jewelry Candles
If you’re interested in becoming an independent consultant for Jewelry Candles, you can sign up on their website. Joining the company requires a one-time fee of $49.95 and provides you with access to their online training programs, sales materials, discounts on products and more.
Jewelry Candles offers starter kits for new consultants. These include sample products, sales materials and marketing materials.
- Basic Starter Kit: Includes sample products, sales materials and a business plan. It costs $99.95.
- Advanced Starter Kit: Includes sample products, sales materials, a business plan and additional marketing materials. It costs $249.95.
- Elite Starter Kit: Includes sample products, sales materials, a business plan and additional marketing materials. It costs $499.95.
It’s important to note that Jewelry Candles does not offer any refunds or exchanges on any of its products or kits.
The company also provides ongoing training to help consultants develop their business and grow in the industry. Jewelry Candles offers webinars, e-books and other resources to help new consultants learn the ropes and become successful in their business.
Is Jewelry Candles a legitimate MLM company?
Jewelry Candles is a legitimate multi-level marketing (MLM) business that has been in operation since 2012. The company has a strong focus on customer satisfaction and provides its consultants with a good range of products and support materials to help them grow their business.
The company is not a pyramid scheme. Under a pyramid scheme, members make money solely by recruiting new members rather than through the sale of products. Jewelry Candles does not require its consultants to recruit in order to make money and rewards them for selling products and building a team.
How about complaints or lawsuits?
Jewelry Candles has been involved in a few minor complaints during its time in business. The most common complaint is that the company’s products are often of lower quality than advertised. However, Jewelry Candles has addressed these complaints and taken steps to improve the quality of their products.
What we like about Jewelry Candles:
- Strong customer satisfaction focus.
- Comprehensive training and support materials for consultants.
- Reasonable start-up costs.
- Generous commissions and performance bonuses.
What We Don’t Like About Jewelry Candles:
- Products are sometimes of lower quality than advertised.
- No refunds or exchanges on products or kits.
Are there alternatives to Jewelry Candles?
There are several alternatives to Jewelry Candles, including:
- Scentsy: Scentsy sells candles, wax melts and other home fragrance products. It also offers a multi-level marketing business model.
- Younique: Younique is a beauty brand that sells makeup, skincare and fragrances. It operates as an MLM company with independent consultants who can earn commissions on sales of their products.
- Yanbal: Yanbal is an international beauty company that sells makeup, skincare and fragrances. It also runs an MLM business model with independent sellers.
- Neora: Neora, formerly Nerium International, sells anti-aging products and uses a multi-level marketing business model for its independent consultants.
- Norwex: Norwex sells cleaning products and offers an MLM business model for its independent consultants.
- Amway: Amway is one of the most well-known MLM companies, offering a variety of products including health and wellness supplements, beauty products and more.
Our verdict on Jewelry Candles
Jewelry Candles is a legitimate MLM company that provides its independent consultants with training and support materials to help them build their business. The company has earned a strong reputation in the industry due to its focus on customer satisfaction and reasonable start-up costs. However, some of the products are sometimes of lower quality than advertised and there are no refunds or exchanges on products or kits. We recommend Jewelry Candles as an MLM opportunity for those looking to start their own business. However, it is important to be aware of the potential risks associated with any business venture and make sure you are informed before making any decisions.
An essential source of information when researching to join a multi-level marketing company is I Buy I Review. We’re committed to helping you make informed decisions on joining or not joining MLM companies by providing in-depth reviews of MLMs and other online programs and courses that claim they’ll make you rich.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.