Vi Review: Legit MLM or Scam? Everything You Need to Know About Nutrition and Dietary Supplement Company
If you’re considering taking the plunge into multi-level marketing with Vi, formerly known as ViSalus Sciences, you’ve come to the right place. In this comprehensive blog post, we’ll be uncovering the truth behind the popular nutrition and health supplement brand so you can make an informed decision about joining their network of independent distributors and representatives. We’ll cut through all the confusion surrounding MLMs and provide a thorough assessment of whether joining Vi is worth your time, money, and effort. In other words, are they legit or just another scam? Working from home certainly has its perks but also comes with increased risk: Read on for insight as to how this particular venture stacks up against other options out there. We’ll take a close look at what the company sells, how Vi works and what it promises its distributors, how their compensation works, what we like about Vi and what we don’t like about Vi and alternatives to Vi. By the time you finish reading this piece, you should have all of the information necessary to decide if joining Vi is right for you.
History of Vi
ViSalus Sciences was founded in 2005 by Ryan Blair, Blake Mallen, and Nick Sarnicola. The company has since been rebranded as simply “Vi” after a 2016 acquisition saw Blyth Incorporated take ownership of the brand. Blyth is best known for its home decor store, Versona, and its health and wellness brand, Gaiam.
Blair is the CEO of Vi. He has a long history of entrepreneurial success, having previously founded several tech startups. Not only that, but he’s also an investor and philanthropist who has written two best-selling books on entrepreneurship: Nothing to Lose Everything to Gain and Rock Bottom To Rock Star.
Mallen is the CMO of Vi, while Sarnicola serves as president. Both men have also had successful careers in entrepreneurship and business ventures outside of their roles at Vi. Mallen was formerly the CEO and co-founder of Living Social, an online marketplace that’s now part of Groupon. Sarnicola’s past ventures include founding and leading the SEO software company SEOmoz, which he sold in 2013.
The trio started Vi because they wanted to create a company that could make an impact on the health and fitness industry by providing people with the nutrition they need to live healthier lives.
ViSalus was named after the Latin word “vita,” which translates to “life.” The company wanted its name to convey a mission of helping people live a more vibrant and healthy life, and the brand name Vi reflects that mindset.
What products does Vi sell?
Vi sells a variety of products related to weight management, including meal replacement shakes, energy drinks, nutrition bars, vitamins and supplements, performance apparel and accessories, and more.
The company’s flagship product, the Vi-Shape Nutritional Shake Mix, was developed to provide customers with a nutritious meal replacement shake that could help them lose weight and get in shape quickly. The shake mix is made from a blend of whey protein isolate, soy protein isolate, pea protein concentrate, and other high-quality ingredients.
- Energy and Focus Bars: Vi’s energy and focus bars are designed to provide an instant boost of sustained energy. These bars are great for those looking for a quick, healthy snack on the go.
- Performance Supplements: Vi offers several performance supplements including Whey Protein Isolate, BCAA, Creatine Monohydrate, Omega-3, and more. These supplements are designed to help athletes, active individuals, and fitness enthusiasts reach their goals.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Vi’s Complete Multivitamin is a comprehensive formula that helps provide essential nutrients for overall health. Additionally, the company offers individual vitamins like Vitamin D3 and Omega-3 Fish Oil.
- Apparel and Accessories: Vi also offers a line of performance apparel and accessories designed to help you look and feel your best. The company’s workout apparel is made from moisture-wicking fabrics that keep you cool, dry, and comfortable during intense workouts.
- Healthy Recipes: Vi provides healthy recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. These recipes are designed to provide customers with healthy and delicious meal options that can help them reach their weight management goals.
Vi says its products are made with the highest quality ingredients sourced from around the world. The company claims it partners with trusted vendors to ensure that its products meet strict safety and quality standards. Vi also has a team of scientists and nutritionists who verify that its products contain all-natural, safe ingredients for optimal results.
How does Vi work?
Vi is a multi-level marketing company that offers customers the opportunity to become independent distributors. Distributors earn money by selling Vi products and building their own team of distributors. They can also earn bonuses and commissions from the sales made by their team.
Vi commission structure:
- Retail Sales: Distributors earn a commission of 25% on all retail sales.
- Team Commissions: Distributors can earn up to 8% commissions on the total volume (TV) generated by their team.
- Leadership Bonuses: Vi offers additional bonuses and rewards for those who reach higher leadership levels in the company.
- Promotions: Vi offers promotions throughout the year to encourage distributors to reach their goals.
Vi has a hierarchical rank system that rewards distributors who reach higher levels of success. As they progress through the ranks, they can earn more bonuses and commissions, as well as unique rewards such as trips and limited-edition merchandise. The highest rank is the Vi President’s Club, which includes exclusive benefits like personal coaching sessions and access to VIP events.
Vi ranks and how they work:
- Vi Star: This rank is open to all new distributors.
- Vi Pro: Distributors need to generate at least 250 TV in a single month to attain this rank.
- Vi Executive: To reach this rank, distributors need to generate 1,000 TV in a single month.
- Vi Presidential Director: At this level, distributors need to generate at least 3,000 TV in a single month.
- Vi Presidential Executive: This rank requires distributors to have an organization of at least 30,000 TV with at least 500 uni-level first generation legs.
- Vi Presidential Elite: Distributors need to reach 70,000 TV and 10,000 first generation legs to reach this rank.
- Vi President’s Club: This is the highest level and requires distributors to have an organization of at least 100,000 TV with 2,500 first generation legs.
How to join Vi as a distributor
To become a Vi distributor, you must first register on the company’s website. Once registered, you will receive instructions on how to purchase products and start building your own team of distributors. You can also take advantage of the company’s free training resources to learn about its products and marketing strategies..
Vi offers starter kits that include products and materials to help you get started as a distributor. The pricing of the kits varies depending on the size and contents.
Starter kits, what they include and cost:
- Vi Starter Kit: This kit includes three bottles of the Vi-Shape Shake Mix, a shaker cup, and marketing materials. It costs $50.
- Vi Pro Pack: This pack includes six bottles of the Vi-Shape Shake Mix, a shaker cup, and marketing materials. It costs $99.
- Vi Business Builder Pack: This pack includes nine bottles of the Vi-Shape Shake Mix, a shaker cup, and marketing materials. It costs $149.
Vi also offers several discounts and promotions to help new distributors save money on their purchases.
Vi offers its distributors a variety of support resources to help them build their business. These include training videos, webinars, articles and FAQs. The company also provides customer service and technical support for any issues you may encounter. Additionally, Vi has an online forum where distributors can connect with other members of the team and get advice on growing their business.
Is Vi a pyramid scheme?
No, Vi is not a pyramid scheme. It is a legitimate multi-level marketing company that offers its distributors an opportunity to earn money by selling products and recruiting other distributors. Under a pyramid scheme, participants make money by recruiting more participants without actually selling any products. Vi, on the other hand, requires its distributors to both sell products and recruit new distributors in order to make money. This ensures that all participants are engaged in productive activities rather than simply relying on recruitment for their income. Therefore, it is not a pyramid scheme.
How about complaints or lawsuits?
Vi has been involved in several complaints and lawsuits:
- In 2013, the company was sued by two former distributors who alleged that the company engaged in deceptive practices and failed to pay out commissions they were owed.
- In 2015, Vi was sued by another distributor who claimed she was misled about the potential earnings she could make from joining the company.
- In 2016, a class-action lawsuit was filed against Vi for failing to pay its distributors the commissions they were promised. The case was eventually settled out of court.
- In 2017, the FTC issued a warning to Vi about its deceptive earning claims. The company was accused of misrepresenting the amount of money that distributors could make and also making false claims about its products. Vi ultimately agreed to pay a fine of $200,000 and revised its earning claims.
- In 2019, Vi was sued by a former distributor for failing to pay her commissions.
- In 2019, a jury awarded a plaintiff in a class-action lawsuit $925 million against ViSalus for making millions of robocalls (the money will be distributed amongst the eligible victims), which was upheld by a federal judge in 2020.
Despite these legal issues, Vi continues to operate and provide products and services to its distributors. However, it is important for prospective distributors to be aware of the risks associated with joining the company. It is also important to research any potential MLM companies before signing up as a distributor. The company has since addressed these complaints and taken steps to ensure that its distributors are not misled or deceived.
What we like about Vi
- Vi offers an opportunity for distributors to make money through selling products as well as recruiting new distributors.
- Vi provides its distributors with a range of support resources, including training videos, webinars, articles and FAQs.
- The company has taken steps to address the complaints against it and ensure that its distributors are not misled or deceived.
What we don’t like about Vi
- The company has been involved in several lawsuits and complaints.
- Despite the company’s efforts to address these issues, there is still a risk of being misled or deceived when joining the company.
- Distributors may find that it takes longer than expected to make money from the company.
- There is no guarantee that a distributor will make money from joining Vi, as with any MLM business.
Are there alternatives to Vi?
Yes, there are numerous MLM companies that offer similar opportunities to Vi. Some popular alternatives include:
- Amway: a global MLM company that offers health, beauty and home products.
- Herbalife: a multi-level marketing company focused on nutrition, weight management and skin care products.
- Avon: an international manufacturer and distributor of beauty, household and personal care products.
- Forever Living Products: a global MLM company that sells natural health and beauty products.
- Nu Skin: an international MLM company focusing on personal care, dietary supplements and nutritional products.
- USANA: a health and wellness company with a focus on plant-based nutrition.
- Young Living: a multi-level marketing company that offers essential oils, diffusers and other health products.
Each company has its own unique products, services and compensation plans, so it is important for prospective distributors to research the specifics of each company before deciding which one to join. It’s also important to consider the risks associated with joining any MLM company. Although there is potential to make money, there is no guarantee of success.
Vi is a legitimate multi-level marketing company that offers an opportunity for distributors to make money by selling products and recruiting new distributors. Vi has faced several legal issues in recent years, but the company has taken steps to address these complaints and ensure that its distributors are not misled or deceived.
Do we recommend Vi?
We cannot definitively recommend Vi as it is up to each individual distributor to decide if they want to join. Prospective distributors should research any potential MLM company before signing up, and consider the risks associated with joining any MLM business.
Potential risks include:
- Difficulty recruiting new distributors.
- Potential to be misled or deceived.
- No guarantee of success.
- It may take longer than expected to make a profit.
What to look for in a multi-level marketing company:
- A clear and transparent compensation plan.
- Clear details on how to make money from the company.
- A supportive community of distributors.
- Accessible customer service and support resources.
- An ethical approach to recruiting new distributors.
- Safe and effective products that customers are interested in buying.
- Honesty from the company’s management team.
- Accurate product information and descriptions.
- Accessible customer service and support resources.
I Buy I Review is an essential source of information when research MLM companies and other money-making programs and courses. We provide our readers with unbiased advice, detailed information and honest opinions on the various opportunities available so you can avoid wasting your time and money.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.