Multi-level marketing companies are a dime a dozen. It seems like every other day there’s a new MLM company starting up, and many of them are scams. So, is Noonday Collection a scam? That is the question on many people’s minds, and in this article we will explore the company to see if it is legitimate or not. Noonday Collection sells jewelry, accessories and other related products made by artisans across the world. The company was founded by Jessica Herrin in 2010 and has been rapidly growing since then. In this article, we will cover who started Noonday Collection, what products the company sells, how the business works, how to join Noonday Collection and the compensation plan, complaints and lawsuits against the company, as well as our thoughts on whether or not you should join.
Who started Noonday Collection and when?
Noonday Collection was founded by Jessica Honegger in 2010 after connecting with two talented jewelry designers in Uganda who dreamed of using fashion to creat dignified jobs, Jalia and Daniel. Jessica and her husband, Tyson, began Noonday Collection as a direct-commerce business, selling jewelry and accessories handmade by the artisans they partnered with. Since then, Noonday Collection has grown to include more than 20 countries around the globe.
Jessica partnered with Travis Wilson in 2016 to lead Noonday Collection as Co-CEOs and build a social enterprise that sells beautiful handmade jewelry and accessories, but also creates dignified jobs for artisans around the world.
The company is based in Austin, Texas and currently employs over 500 people.
Honegger is a social entrepreneur, speaker and author who has received numerous awards for her work. She holds an MBA from the University of Texas at Austin and formerly worked in corporate retail and consulting. Jessica is also the founder of Storq, a sustainable maternity fashion brand, and the co-founder of Magnificent Millennials, a global movement and coaching program for aspiring entrepreneurs.
Noonday Collection’s mission is to create an avenue for people to use their purchasing power to make a positive impact in the world. The company works to empower primarily female entrepreneurs around the globe, offering them meaningful work and sustainable incomes.
The name Noonday Collection comes from the biblical story in Amos 8:11-13, which reads “Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD. And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it. In that day shall the fair virgins and young men faint for thirst.”
The founders of Noonday Collection felt this story was a powerful metaphor for their mission to create meaningful work and economic opportunity in developing countries around the world.
What products does Noonday Collection sell?
Noonday Collection sells handmade jewelry, accessories, home decor and other items made by global artisans in Peru, Uganda, India and beyond. The company has a commitment to quality products made with sustainable materials and processes, as well as fair wages for the artisans they partner with. Their jewelry is made with sterling silver, semi-precious stones and recycled metals.
Noonday Collection products:
- Jewelry: bracelets, earrings, necklaces, rings and other pieces.
- Accessories: bags, wallets, scarves, hats and more.
- Home decor: rugs, pillows and blankets.
- Gifts: cards, candles and stationery.
- Apparel: skirts and tops
Noonday Collection also offers a unique way to shop for their products through the “Trunk Show” model. Trunk Shows are virtual or in-person events that allow customers to view and purchase Noonday Collection items from an Ambassador who has been trained on the product line.
How does Noonday Collection work?
Noonday Collection works with more than 1,500 artisans in 20 countries around the globe. The company works to create sustainable businesses through their artisan partners and strives to provide fair wages and safe working conditions. Artisans receive training, guidance and support from Noonday Collection’s team of experts.
The company sells its products through a network of over 2,000 Ambassadors who host Trunk Shows and serve as advocates for the cause. Noonday Collection also has an online store where customers can shop directly.
Noonday Collection Ambassadors earn an income by hosting Trunk Shows, selling Noonday Collection items and building their team of ambassadors. Ambassadors can make up to 25% commission on sales and additional bonuses for reaching certain goals.
- Direct sales: Up to 25% commission.
- Team Building: Additional bonuses for building and leading a team of Ambassadors.
- Rewards: Prize drawings, product credits and other rewards for reaching certain goals.
- Advocacy: A chance to be an advocate and make a difference in the world.
Noonday Collection has four ranks: New Ambassador, Advanced Ambassador, Business Leader and Elite Leader. Ambassadors can move up in ranks by reaching certain goals such as hosting a certain number of Trunk Shows, selling a certain amount of products or building their team. Each rank comes with additional benefits such as exclusive rewards and discounts.
Ranks and how they work:
- New Ambassador: A new Ambassador who has just joined the company. Goals are to host your first Trunk Show and build your team.Advanced Ambassador: An Ambassador who has hosted several Trunk Shows, sold a certain amount of products and built their team.
- Business Leader: An Ambassador who has reached a new level of success by consistently hosting quality Trunk Shows and building their team. They have earned additional rewards and discounts.
- Elite Leader: An Ambassador who has achieved the highest level of success by consistently hosting quality Trunk Shows, selling a large amount of products and building their team to even larger numbers. They have earned exclusive rewards and discounts as well as access to the company’s Leadership program.
How to join Noonday Collection as an ambassador?
The first step to joining Noonday Collection as an Ambassador is signing up online. You will need to fill out a short application and pay a one-time fee to get started. After you are accepted, you will have access to training materials, resources and tools to help you succeed.
You can then start hosting Trunk Shows to show off the collection and earn an income. You will also be able to build your team of Ambassadors and help them reach their goals.
Noonday Collection offers several starter kits for new Ambassadors. The starter kits include sample products and supplies needed to host a successful Trunk Show, as well as marketing materials. They also provide access to exclusive training courses and resources that will help you get started on the right track.
- Basic Starter Kit: includes basic supplies and marketing materials. It costs $99.
- Deluxe Starter Kit: includes samples of the collection and additional supplies. It costs $299.
- Ultimate Starter Kit: includes everything you need to get started, including a full sample set of products. It costs $499.
Noonday Collection also offers support programs such as one-on-one mentoring, virtual workshops, live webinars and local business-building events. All of these resources are available to help Ambassadors reach their goals and become successful in their business. Noonday Collection gives its Ambassadors the opportunity to build their own business with flexible hours and a supportive community. Ambassadors can choose to focus on their local community or build an international business. Noonday Collection provides ongoing training and resources to help Ambassadors succeed.
Is Noonday Collection a legitimate MLM company?
Yes, Noonday Collection is a legitimate MLM company and has been in business since 2010. It offers an attractive compensation plan to its Ambassadors, as well as ongoing training and resources to help them succeed in their business. The company also provides high-quality products that are ethically sourced and handmade by artisan partners around the world.
The company is not a pyramid scheme. Under a pyramid scheme, money is made by recruiting new members who, in turn, recruit even more people to generate income. Noonday Collection does not focus on recruitment; instead, it focuses on helping its Ambassadors build successful businesses through sales and team-building.
How about complaints or lawsuits?
Noonday Collection currently has a good reputation and is not facing any major complaints or lawsuits. The company strives to provide excellent customer service, quality products, and ongoing support for its Ambassadors. In the past, there have been some complaints regarding the starter kit costs and commission structure; however, these have been addressed and resolved by Noonday Collection.
What we like about Noonday Collection?
- Quality products: Noonday Collection offers ethically sourced, handmade products from artisan partners around the world.
- Compensation plan: Ambassadors can earn up to 30% commission on sales and bonuses for team-building.
- Support programs: Noonday Collection provides ongoing training and resources to help their Ambassadors succeed.
- Flexible hours: Ambassadors can choose to focus on their local community or build an international business.
- Reputation: Noonday Collection has a good reputation and is not facing any major complaints or lawsuits.
What we don’t like about Noonday Collection?
- Starter kit costs: The starter kits can be expensive and may not be within everyone’s budget.
- Commission structure: Some Ambassadors have complained about the commission structure.
- Limited products: Noonday Collection has a limited selection of products compared to other MLM companies.
- Expansion issues: The company may have difficulty expanding in the future.
Are there alternatives to Noonday Collection?
There are several alternatives to Noonday Collection. These include:
- Mary Kay: Mary Kay is a popular MLM company that offers skin care and beauty products. They offer a generous compensation plan and ongoing support for their consultants.
- Avon: Avon is another well-known MLM company offering beauty products, fragrances, and more. They also have an attractive commission structure and plenty of resources to help consultants succeed.
- Young Living: Young Living is a leading essential oil company with a generous compensation plan and quality products. They offer ongoing training and support for their members.
- Tupperware: Tupperware is one of the oldest MLM companies, offering kitchen and home accessories. They offer competitive payouts and resources to help consultants succeed.
- Scentsy: Scentsy specializes in home fragrance products and offers a generous commission structure to their consultants. They provide training and support to ensure success.
- Amway: Amway is a long-standing MLM company offering a wide range of products. They offer generous payouts and ongoing support for their members.
- Rodan + Fields: Rodan + Fields offers skin care products and has a generous compensation plan. They also provide resources and training to help consultants succeed in the business.
No matter which company you choose, it is important to research the company’s reputation and reviews before investing your time or money into any MLM program. The best way to ensure success with an MLM company is to choose one that aligns with your interests and provides generous commission structures and ongoing support.
Our verdict on Noonday Collection
Noonday Collection is a legitimate MLM company with a good reputation and quality products. It offers an attractive compensation plan and provides ongoing training and support for its Ambassadors. However, the starter kits can be expensive and some have complained about the commission structure. We recommend researching Noonday Collection thoroughly before investing your time or money into this program.
Thorough MLM research critical
As mentioned before, thoroughly research is necessary before joining any multi-level marketing company or other online moneymaking programs and courses. One of your best sources of information are the reviews on I Buy I Review. On this website, you can read our honest and unbiased reviews and decide if a company or program is the right fit for you.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.