Are you considering signing up for Sunrider’s multi-level marketing program, but unsure if it is a legit opportunity or just another sales gimmick? If so, you’re not alone. With many home-based businesses popping up in the gig economy landscape and some being far less than reputable, it pays to do your homework before committing time, energy and money into any MLM program. Learn everything you need to know in this comprehensive Sunrider MLM review. We’ll take a deep dive into what products the company sells, how Sunrider works and its compensation plan, how to join Sunrider, what we like about Sunrider and what we don’t like and alternatives to Sunrider.
Read on if you’re ready to get the facts about Sunrider and decide whether or not it makes sense for growing your bank account from home.
Who founded Sunrider and when?
Sunrider was founded in 1982 in Orem, Utah, by Drs. Tei-Fu and Oi-Lin Chen, a couple of Taiwanese immigrants who had developed an herbal health formulation that they believed could provide better nutrition than other products on the market.
The Chens started Sunrider so they could share their formula with the world, and they saw a multi-level marketing program as an effective way to do that. Sunrider products are now available in more than 30 countries worldwide, and its cutting-edge formulations have earned it multiple awards from many reputable organizations.
The company was named after the Chens’ health formula, which they called “Sunrider,” and the Chinese term for it—Tai Sui. The name is derived from ancient Chinese astrology and means “the ruler of life” or “source of life.” It’s also a nod to the Chens’ belief in the importance of health and wellness, which is why they developed the herbal formula in the first place.
What products does Sunrider sell?
Sunrider offers a wide selection of herbal-based health and beauty products for both men and women. These include nutritional supplements such as vitamin tablets, capsules and powders; teas for detoxifying and cleansing; skin care products like masks, creams, washes, essences and lotions; weight management products such as shakes and bars; and other personal care items like oral hygiene products. Sunrider also offers a line of specialty food items including sauces, seasonings and snacks.
Sunrider product line:
- Nutritional Supplements (Vitamin tablets, capsules and powders).
- Teas for detoxifying and cleansing.
- Skin Care Products (Masks, creams, washes, essences and lotions).
- Weight Management Products (Shakes and bars).
- Personal Care Items (Oral hygiene products).
- Specialty Food Items (Sauces, seasonings and snacks).
Sunrider products are formulated with natural herbs and other plant-based ingredients that are sustainably sourced from all over the world. The company has patented formulas for many of its products and follows a strict GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) protocol during production to guarantee that all Sunrider items meet the highest standards of quality and safety.
Sunrider gets its products from suppliers around the world, with many of them located in Asia. The company has long-standing relationships with its suppliers and works closely with them to ensure that all Sunrider products are made using the best ingredients available.
The company has four manufacturing plants: Southern California, China, Singapore, and Taiwan. It does business in more than 50 countries, and operates offices in 22 countries.
The Chens have also created their own patented formulas for some of Sunrider’s products and manage the production process from start to finish. This ensures that all Sunrider items meet the highest standards of quality and safety before they are ready for sale.
How does Sunrider work?
Sunrider is a multi-level marketing company, which means that individuals can join as independent distributors and earn commissions from selling Sunrider products. Distributors can make money from both their own retail sales and from the sales of the distributors they recruit.
Sunrider also offers incentives such as bonuses, trips, and other rewards to motivate its distributors in their work. The company has a comprehensive training program with resources for new members, including an online library of marketing videos and sales materials.
Sunrider compensation structure:
- Retail profit from selling products: Distributors earn a commission from the sale of Sunrider products to customers.
- Generation Bonus: Distributors can earn additional commissions by recruiting and mentoring other distributors.
- Leadership Bonus: Sunrider rewards its top-performing distributors with bonuses and luxury incentive trips.
- Sales Volume Matching Bonus: Distributors can earn a bonus based on the sales volume of their teams.
- Loyalty Bonus: Sunrider rewards distributors for their loyalty and longevity by giving them additional bonuses.
- Car Bonus: Distributors who reach the highest level can earn a car bonus.
Sunrider has six ranks. Distributors start off as a Manager and can progress through the ranks of Senior Manager, Executive Manager, Director, Regional Director and National Director.
At each rank, distributors unlock higher bonuses and rewards. Here are the ranks and how they work:
- Manager: This is the entry-level rank. Distributors need to have a minimum of two personally enrolled customers in order to qualify for this rank.
- Senior Manager: Distributors need to generate a minimum of 1,000 points in personal sales volume and 150 points in team sales volume.
- Executive Manager: Distributors must generate a minimum of 2,500 points in personal sales volume and 500 points in team sales volume.
- Director: Distributors need to generate a minimum of 7,500 points in personal sales volume and 1,500 points in team sales volume.
- Regional Director: Distributors must generate a minimum of 25,000 points in personal sales volume and 5,000 points in team sales volume.
- National Director: Distributors need to generate a minimum of 50,000 points in personal sales volume and 10,000 points in team sales volume.
How to join Sunrider as a distributor
To become a Sunrider distributor, individuals must first register online with the company. They must provide their personal information, such as name and address, and create a username and password.
Once registered, distributors can access Sunrider’s online platform and start selling products. They can also track their sales, view their earnings, and access the company’s training materials.
Sunrider offers starter kits that include everything a distributor needs to start selling. The starter kit includes samples of its products, sales materials, marketing tools, and more.
Starter kits, what they include and cost:
- Sunrider Starter Kit: $50 – includes samples of Sunrider products, sales materials, marketing tools and more.
- Cosmetics Starter Kit: $150 – includes samples of Sunrider’s skin care and cosmetic products, along with other sales materials and marketing tools.
- Nutrition Starter Kit: $250 nutritional products, along with other sales materials and marketing tools.
It is important for distributors to understand the rules and regulations of selling Sunrider products so they can operate ethically and comply with local laws. Distributors should also take the time to learn about Sunrider’s products and the company’s policies.
What kind of support does the company offer?
Sunrider provides its distributors with comprehensive business support. This includes access to the company’s online platform, training materials and resources, customer service, product information, sales tracking tools and more.
The company also offers a variety of seminars, workshops and events for its distributors throughout the year. These opportunities provide valuable insights into the company’s products, operations and the industry.
Sunrider has a dedicated team of customer service representatives to help its distributors with any issues they may have. The company also offers an online forum where established distributors can connect and answer questions from new distributors.
Is Sunrider a legitimate MLM company?
Sunrider is a legitimate MLM company that has been in business for more than 35 years. The company operates in more than 53 countries around the world and offers its distributors a wide range of products, resources and support.
Distributors have the potential to earn good money through Sunrider’s car bonus structure, which rewards them for their sales and the sales of their downline. Distributors can also advance up the ranks by meeting certain performance goals, such as generating a specific amount of points in personal and team sales volume.
The company is not a pyramid scheme. Under a pyramid scheme, distributors earn money solely through recruitment and have no product to sell. Sunrider, on the other hand, requires its distributors to sell products in order to make a profit.
How about complaints or lawsuits?
Sunrider has been involved in a few complaints and lawsuits:
- In 2014, the company settled a class-action lawsuit alleging it violated California’s unfair competition laws by misrepresenting its products and business opportunities.
- In 2018, Sunrider was sued for allegedly misleading customers about its “health benefits” and engaging in deceptive marketing practices. The case is currently ongoing.
Despite these issues, the company has a solid reputation for providing quality products and support to its distributors.
What we like about Sunrider
- Sunrider has been in business for more than 35 years and operates in over 53 countries.
- It offers a wide range of products and resources to its distributors, including starter kits, training materials, sales tracking tools and customer support.
- The company offers a car bonus structure that rewards distributors for their sales and the sales of their downline.
- Sunrider is not a pyramid scheme and requires its distributors to sell products in order to make a profit.
- The company has a solid reputation for providing quality products and support to its distributors.
What we don’t like about Sunrider
- Some of the product claims have been disputed by third-party organizations.
- The company has been involved in a few complaints and lawsuits.
- The cost of the products can be expensive for some customers.
Are there alternatives to Sunrider?
There are several alternatives to Sunrider. Some of the most popular include:
- Amway: Amway is a multi-level marketing company offering health, beauty and home care products.
- Herbalife: Herbalife is a nutrition company offering weight loss, sports nutrition and energy products.
- Nu Skin: Nu Skin is a personal care MLM selling anti-aging skin care, cosmetics and wellness products.
- Arbonne: Arbonne is a health and wellness MLM offering vegan nutrition, personal care, cosmetics and more.
- Younique: Younique is a cosmetics MLM selling a range of makeup, skincare and fragrance products.
- Avon: Avon is one of the oldest and largest direct selling companies in the world. It offers beauty, home and health care products.
These companies offer similar products and business opportunities as Sunrider, but may vary in terms of cost, quality and support services. It’s important to conduct thorough research into any potential MLM opportunity before getting involved.
Sunrider is a legitimate MLM company that has been in business for more than 35 years and operates in over 50 countries. It offers distributors a wide range of products, resources and support. Also, its car bonus structure rewards them for their sales and the sales of their downline.
However, the company has been involved in a few complaints and lawsuits, and some of its product claims have been disputed. Additionally, the cost of Sunrider’s products can be expensive for some customers.
Overall, we recommend Sunrider as an MLM opportunity. But before joining the company, it’s important to conduct thorough research into its products and business model. It’s also beneficial to compare Sunrider with other similar companies to find the best option for you.
I Buy I Review is an important source of information on multi-level marketing companies and other online money-making “opportunities.” Our goal is to help people interested in these opportunities make informed decisions on which companies are right for them. We provide honest, unbiased reviews so you can avoid wasting your time and investment.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.