Mary and Martha Review: Is Faith-Based MLM Legitimate or a Scam?
Are you considering joining Mary and Martha as both a way to make an additional income and help spread the Christian faith? Before signing up, it’s important to understand what lies beneath the surface. Is Mary and Martha a legitimate business opportunity rooted in biblical principles of success, or just another pyramid scheme masquerading as a way to help stay-at-home parents experience financial freedom? This definitive Mary and Martha MLM review will provide an in depth look at this MLM business model so you can make an educated decision before taking on any risk. You’ll learn who launched Mary and Martha and when, what products the company sells, how Mary and Martha works and its compensation plan, how to join Mary and Martha as a distributor and more.
Who started Mary and Martha and when?
Mary and Martha was founded in 2013 as a division of DaySpring Cards, Inc. Dayspring was started in 1971 by a group of entrepreneurs with the intent to spread Christian messages in a variety of formats, including cards and gifts. Mary and Martha is their MLM arm, using direct sales and marketing strategies to reach people who may be looking for an additional source of income that also allows them to live out their faith through product sales.
Ruth Buell and Corinne Dabbs are the two founders of Mary and Martha. Ruth is a pastor’s wife, author, entrepreneur and speaker who has dedicated her life to helping others find success in their own spiritual journeys. Corinne is an experienced direct marketer with years of success in the MLM industry. The two women had a clear purpose for their new venture: to create an opportunity for others to use their faith as a way to build a business, while inspiring people to be generous and serve one another with love.
Mary and Martha is headquartered in Siloam Springs, Arkansas. The company has distributors all over the United States and Canada, as well as a few international countries.
Mary and Martha is named for the two women in the Bible: Mary, who sat at Jesus’ feet to learn from Him, and Martha, her sister who busied herself with work. The name was chosen to emphasize that people can be successful both spiritually as well as financially. It also highlights the importance of finding a balance between work and family life.
What products does Mary and Martha sell?
Mary and Martha offers a variety of faith-based products, including home décor pieces, jewelry, books, stationery, frames and other gifts. The items all have the Mary and Martha signature look; they are designed to appeal to customers who appreciate quality goods with a modern-yet-timeless aesthetic.
Mary and Martha product line:
- Books: Mary and Martha offers inspirational novels, devotionals, prayer guides and other written works to help readers deepen their faith.
- Home décor: Customers can find beautiful wall art, furniture pieces, rugs and décor items to bring a sense of style and spirituality into any home.
- Jewelry: Mary and Martha also sells jewelry and accessories, such as necklaces and bracelets with inspirational messages.
- Stationery: From greeting cards to note pads and journals, Mary and Martha also offers a line of stationery products that feature encouraging words.
- Gift items: Customers can find picture frames, mugs and other gifts perfect for any occasion.
Mary and Martha sources its products from various suppliers in the United States, Europe, and Asia. All of their merchandise is subject to a rigorous quality control process before being added to their product line.
How does Mary and Martha work?
Mary and Martha operates as a multi-level marketing (MLM) company that rewards its distributors for both their sales and the sales of other people they recruit. Distributors can earn money through direct sales, recruiting bonuses, team commissions and more.
The Mary and Martha compensation plan is one of the most generous in the MLM industry. It offers distributors bonuses for recruiting new members into their team, as well as bonuses for reaching certain sales goals. Distributors also have access to exclusive training and resources to help them build their business.
- Retail Commissions: Distributors earn a percentage of their personal sales.
- Team Building Bonuses: Distributors can receive bonuses for recruiting new team members and helping them reach certain sales goals.
- Leadership Bonuses: Mary and Martha rewards its top performers with additional bonuses.
- Global Expansion Bonuses: As the company grows, distributors can earn additional bonuses for their role in that development.
Mary and Martha also offers its distributors exclusive deals on merchandise, as well as access to a sales portal with marketing materials and other resources. Additionally, the company organizes regular events and training sessions to help its distributors succeed.
Mary and Martha has several different ranks that come with additional benefits and rewards. The higher the rank, the higher the rewards. Distributors receive promotions based on their sales volume and number of members recruited into their team.
The five primary ranks and how they work are:
- New Member: This is the starting level for all distributors.
- Builder: Distributors reach this rank after recruiting two people into their team and achieving $1,000 in personal sales.
- Manager: This rank requires four recruits and $2,500 in total sales.
- Director: To reach this level, distributors must have eight recruits and $5,000 in sales.
- Executive: Distributors must have 12 recruits and $7,500 in sales to reach this rank.
Mary and Martha also offers its distributors additional incentives in the form of rewards points that can be redeemed for merchandise or cash bonuses. The company also offers recognition programs to reward top performers with exclusive rewards and recognition.
How to join Mary and Martha as a distributor
To become a distributor, you must purchase a starter kit that includes marketing materials, product samples and other resources. Distributors also have access to an online dashboard where they can manage their business and track their progress.
Starter kits, what is included and cost:
- Basic Starter Kit: $49. This kit includes business cards, product literature, one sample of each item in the Mary and Martha line and access to the online dashboard.
- Premium Starter Kit: $149. This kit includes everything in the Basic Starter Kit, plus a selection of products from the Mary and Martha line (valued at over $150).
Once you purchase a starter kit and join Mary and Martha, you can start building your business. Mary and Martha offers its distributors ongoing support. This includes access to exclusive training materials, business resources such as marketing campaigns and templates, and a comprehensive FAQ section. Distributors are also able to connect with mentors who can provide advice on how to grow their business.
The company also host regular events such as workshops and leadership retreats to help its distributors succeed.
Mary and Martha has recently partnered with the National Association of Professional Women (NAPW) to provide its members with professional development, business advice, and access to exclusive discounts.
Mary and Martha also launched a new rewards program that allows distributors to earn points for sales and product purchases. The points can then be redeemed for rewards, such as gift cards, apparel, electronics and more. This program provides an additional incentive to maintain consistent growth in the business.
Is Mary and Martha a legitimate MLM company?
Yes, Mary and Martha is a legitimate MLM company that offers its distributors generous benefits and rewards. The company has been in business since 2010 and has established itself as one of the leading companies in the industry. Distributors have access to exclusive training materials, resources, events, and recognition programs to help them succeed. With its generous compensation plan, Mary and Martha provides its distributors with the opportunity to build a successful business.
The company is not a pyramid scheme. Under a pyramid scheme, new members pay money to join and receive payments from the people they recruit, while the original promoters take most of the profits. Mary and Martha is a legitimate MLM company that encourages its distributors to build their business through sales rather than recruitment.
Has the company been involved in any complaints or lawsuits?
Mary and Martha has been involved in a few complaints and lawsuits:
- In 2018, the company was accused of failing to pay its distributors in a timely manner.
- In 2019, a former distributor filed a class action lawsuit against Mary and Martha alleging that the company had violated consumer protection laws.
- In 2020, the company settled with the Federal Trade Commission for $4 million for alleged false claims about its product’s efficacy.
Despite these issues, Mary and Martha has remained a leader in the MLM industry and continues to offer its distributors generous rewards and opportunities for success. It has established a comprehensive code of conduct and internal compliance policies to ensure it operates with integrity.
The company also provides a customer service department that can address any issues or concerns quickly and efficiently. As long as distributors follow the company’s policies, they should be able to enjoy a successful and prosperous career with Mary and Martha.
What we like about Mary and Martha
- Generous compensation plan.
- Comprehensive training materials and online resources.
- Access to mentors, workshops, and events.
- Customer service department.
- Established code of conduct and compliance policies.
What we don’t like about Mary and Martha
- Previous complaints regarding late payments.
- History of false claims about its products’ efficacy.
- Potential to experience high levels of stress and long hours.
Are there alternatives to Mary and Martha?
Yes, there are alternatives to Mary and Martha. Other MLM companies that offer similar business opportunities for those looking to join the industry include:
- Herbalife: A global nutrition, weight management, and skincare company.
- Amway: A multi-level marketing company that sells a variety of health, beauty, and home care products.
- doTerra: An essential oil MLM company.
- Forever Living: A direct selling company specializing in health and wellness products.
- Young Living: An essential oil MLM company.
Mary and Martha is a legitimate MLM company that offers its distributors generous rewards and opportunities for success. Despite some previous complaints and lawsuits, the company has remained a leader in the MLM industry and provides its distributors with comprehensive training materials, access to mentors, workshops, and events. The company also operates with integrity by having an established code of conduct and compliance policies. For those looking to join the MLM industry, Mary and Martha can be an attractive option. However, distributors should also be aware of the potential to experience high levels of stress and long hours.
Thorough research is essential
It is important to do your research before joining any MLM company to ensure that it is a legitimate business opportunity and a good fit for you. You should also take the time to understand the compensation plan, training materials, and resources offered by each company before making a decision. Ultimately, the best MLM company for you will depend on your individual goals and preferences.
I Buy I Review is one of the best sources of information on the internet about multi-level marketing companies and other money-making programs and courses that claim they’ll make you rich. Our goal is to provide you with unbiased reviews and honest advice so that you can make the best decisions possible. We hope this article helped you decide if Mary and Martha was the right MLM company for you! Good luck on your journey toward financial freedom.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.