What You Should Know About ClickBank Marketplace
The ClickBank Marketplace is where affiliates can go to promote the latest and greatest products from vendors. With over 10,000 products currently available, it’s easy for anyone with access to the internet to start making money promoting goods on this marketplace.
Whether you’re looking for information about how ClickBank works or what are some of its advantages and disadvantages as an affiliate marketer, I have all the answers in this article!
What is ClickBank?
ClickBank is a company based in Seattle that provides entrepreneurs with an affiliate marketing network and the ClickBank Marketplace.
The goal of this company is to provide affiliates with access to new vendors, promotional tools, and support so they can create successful online businesses.
As an affliate marketer, you can browse through all of the different offers and promotions available, set up your account with a vendor as an associate or advertiser, promote these goods online using various advertising methods including Google Adwords and Facebook Ads, and earn a commission on every sale you make.
In addition to this, ClickBank has an affiliate forum where all affiliates can share their experiences with the network as well as get help when they need it from other members.
What is ClickBank Marketplace?
The marketplace is where vendors showcase their products for potential customers. It’s easy to use, looks professional and provides affiliates with the information they need about what products are available.
In order to access this marketplace you’ll need to sign up for a free account on ClickBank first. Once you’re set up though, all that’s left is browsing through each of the different categories including fitness, music downloads, weight loss, and more until you find a product to promote.
Every vendor on the marketplace includes detailed information about their products including sales pages with video demos, contact information for customer service inquiries, pricing details as well as photographs of what they’re offering.
Vendors can sign up either by themselves or through an affiliate marketer who has been granted permission to list their products on the ClickBank Marketplace.
If you’re looking for a way to promote items online, then this marketplace is perfect!
What is an affiliate marketer?
An affiliate marketer is someone who promotes goods from vendors. Your goal as an affiliate is to find products that people are searching for via search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo and then link them back to your vendor’s page on the marketplace.
As soon as someone clicks on one of these links and makes a purchase, you’ll earn a commission on the sale.
You can make money this way either by signing up to become an affiliate with ClickBank yourself or through another vendor who has granted you permission to list their products for them.
For most vendors, they will pay affiliates anywhere between 50-80% of the cost of each product you sell.
What products are available on ClickBank Marketplace?
ClickBank Marketplace offers affiliates access to vendors with thousands of different types of goods and provides them with all the information they need about what these companies have offer in terms of pricing as well as customer service.
The products available on ClickBank Marketplace range from books, music downloads and games, to weight loss programs like the Atkins diet or an ebook that teaches you how to play guitar, and more!
How do you get started with ClickBank?
It's easy to get started with ClickBank.
If you’re an affiliate marketer, then the first step is signing up for a free account on their website and browsing through all of the different products available in order to find ones that are relevant to your niche. Once you’ve decided which vendors you want to work with, it’s time to go back and sign up for an account with each of them.
If you’re a vendor, then the first thing is signing up yourself on ClickBank in order to showcase your goods as well as grant affiliates permission to list your products in their marketplace. Once you’ve done that, all that’s left is waiting for other vendors or affiliates to request permission.
Once you’ve been granted access, it’s time for the fun part – listing your products on ClickBank Marketplace!
When was ClickBank founded?
ClickBank has been around since 1998.
It all started when the founder, Steve Mardenfeld, was looking for a way to make money from his e-books and noticed that people were making sales by just sending traffic through their websites. It was then that he came up with the idea of an affiliate marketing forum where everyone could share their products and make money for referring people to purchase them instead of having to send traffic through their own websites.
The market he created was called ClickBank, which now has well over 50,000 vendors on its marketplace!
Advantages of ClickBank Marketplace
The advantages of ClickBank Marketplace are that you can promote a wide variety of products and services on one website, which means there’s something for everyone.
Another advantage is the fact that vendors have to go through an interview process before they’re allowed to list their product or service in order to make sure it falls into one of these three categories:
- The product is relevant to your niche.
- It’s legal and not spammy in any way.
- They’re willing to pay you for each sale that comes through one of your links.
Another advantage is the fact that it can be hard to find a reliable vendor at times and working with ClickBank means you’ll have access to thousands of them.
Last but not least, because it’s an affiliate marketer network you can promote any vendor on the ClickBank Marketplace without having to worry about whether or not they’re going to “drop” their products from inventory – once a sale has been registered through your link, you’ll earn a commission for that product.
Disadvantages of ClickBank Marketplace
The disadvantages of ClickBank Marketplace come in the form of some shady vendors on the marketplace. If you’re not careful, it’s very easy to end up promoting something dishonest or spammy.
Another thing that many affiliates will find is a downside is how long they have to wait for things to happen when using ClickBank. It takes time for vendors to respond and for you to be granted access, and if they don’t grant it then that means waiting even longer.
How to avoid getting burned on ClickBank Marketplace
It’s not uncommon for people to get burned on ClickBank Marketplace so here are a few tips for avoiding this:
- Don’t promote anything that is illegal in any way or spammy. This includes software of any kind, drugs and medical devices, counterfeit merchandise, etc. If you’re unsure whether it falls into one of these categories, it’s best to not list the product in your marketplace.
- Be sure that you’re always getting paid for each sale that comes through from one of your links on ClickBank Marketplace and if they say “no” then don’t work with them! This is worth repeating because there are many shady vendors out there who will try to take advantage of you.
- If a vendor fails to respond to your request for access within five days then wait at least 14 before reaching out again – this gives them time to process and it’s better than sending the same email over and over which will lead nowhere.
- Don’t be afraid to reach back out if they say “no.”
- Be sure to promote the products that you enjoy and believe in, not just for money!
How do you choose a product to promote on ClickBank Marketplace?
It’s not always easy to figure out what products you should promote on ClickBank Marketplace so here are a few tips for choosing the right one:
- Start with your niche. If you’re an accountant, look at eBooks that other accountants have written or fitness gear they might sell. This is better than looking at something like weight loss supplements – for instance, you know that your target audience is accountants so they’ll be more likely to enjoy an eBook written by one of their own.
- If there’s something in the marketplace that doesn’t fit into any categories but it looks like a good product then reach out and ask them about some details before promoting it on ClickBank Marketplace.
- Ask for a review copy of the product if they’re willing! This will help you decide if it’s worth promoting on ClickBank Marketplace and also gives you an opportunity to be critical about it before getting started.
- Be honest with yourself – are there any products in your niche that would make more sense than what you’re considering?
- Take a look at the vendor’s website to see what products they offer before promoting them on ClickBank Marketplace.
- Make sure that you are comfortable with how much time it will take to promote the product because different strategies work for different people and some of them require more time than others.
No matter which product you choose to promote on ClickBank Marketplace, it’s always good practice to do as much research about it before promoting. This includes looking at the vendor’s website for more information or emailing them with any questions that come up during your research.
Is ClickBank Marketplace legit?
Yes – ClickBank is an established company with a solid history so you can trust them.
There are plenty of vendors on the marketplace who do honor their agreements and payouts, but it’s always best to be safe than sorry when choosing products to promote because there may be some shady ones out there.
Some online programs teach you how to find a niche on ClickBank
One of these programs is Inbox BluePrint, which teaches you how to find a niche, make money with ClickBank Marketplace, and get started. They also have tools like the Niche Analysis Tool which helps you figure out what products are best for your audience.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.