Better Way Designs MLM Review: A Legitimate MLM or a Scam?
The company has been in business since 2004, and sells a variety of products including clothing, home decor, and jewelry. In this Better Way Designs MLM review, you’ll learn whether the company is legitimate or a scam, who started Better Way Designs and when, what products the company sells, how Better Way Designs works, how to join Better Way Designs and the company’s compensation plan, whether the company has been involved in any complaints or lawsuits, what we like about Better Way Designs and what we don’t like. We’ll also provide alternatives to Better Ways Design so you can decide for yourself if Better Way Designs is the right multi-level marketing company for you.
Who launched Better Way Designs and when?
Better Way Designs was founded in 2004 by Bill Leep and his wife, Joanna. It was originally called Better Way Imports. New owners took over in 2017 and the company was rebranded Better Way Designs.
Better Way Designs is a unique MLM in that it focuses on helping those who have been victims of human trafficking and exploitation. Better Way Designs gives these individuals an opportunity to earn an income, providing them with skills and dignity as they work to establish themselves. Better Way Designs also has a social mission, donating 10% of all profits to organizations dedicated to helping these individuals.
The company works with factories and artisans around the world. It also works with direct selling associates to help spread awareness and provide a safe working environment. Better Way Designs is a member of the Direct Selling Association (DSA). This means that Better Way Designs adheres to high ethical standards and provides a safe environment for its members.
What products does Better Way Designs sell?
Better Way Designs sells a wide range of products, including clothing, home decor, jewelry, and lifestyle items.
- Clothing: A wide selection of clothing for men, women, and children.
- Home Decor: Home decor includes wall art, picture frames, rugs, lamps and more.
- Jewelry: A variety of jewelry pieces including necklaces, earrings and rings.
- Lifestyle items: Items such as stationery, aromatherapy products and home goods.
- CBD products: CBD products include tinctures, topicals and gummies.
- Health and wellness: A variety of health and wellness products including vitamins, supplements and essential oils.
- Pet supplies: Includes treats, toys and accessories.
How does Better Way Designs work?
Better Way Designs uses the multi-level marketing business model. This means that Better Way Designs has distributors who sell their products and earn a commission on each sale. Better Way Designs also offers an opportunity to become an Independent Distributor, or a Better Way Designs Consultant. As a Better Way Designs Consultant, you will be able to earn commissions from the sales of Better Way Design products as well as from building your own team of distributors.
Better Way Designs has a generous compensation plan that rewards their Consultants for the sales they make and for building their own team.
- Retail sales: Better Way Designs Consultants can earn 25-35% commission on retail sales.
- Team commissions: Better Way Designs Consultants can earn 5-25% team commissions from the sales their team makes.
- Leadership bonuses: Better Way Designs Consultants can earn leadership bonuses when they reach certain milestones in their business.
- Fast start bonuses: Better Way Designs Consultants can earn fast start bonuses when they enroll new Consultants or customers.
- Car and luxury item bonuses: Better Way Designs Consultants can earn car and luxury item bonuses when they reach certain milestones in their business.
Better Way Designs has ranks that Consultants can advance to. The ranks are as follows:
- Ambassador: This rank is for new Better Way Designs Consultants who have enrolled at least three customers or consultants and achieved a minimum $200 in retail sales.
- Director: This rank is for Better Way Designs Consultants who have recruited and enrolled at least four ambassadors, achieved a minimum $500 in retail sales, and have a personally sponsored team with a combined volume of $1,000.
- Regional Director: This rank is for Better Way Designs Consultants who have five or more directors on their first level and whose cumulative personally sponsored team has achieved a minimum of $2,500 in retail volume.
- National Director: This rank is for Better Way Designs Consultants who have six or more Regional Directors on their first level and whose cumulative personally sponsored team has achieved a minimum of $10,000 in retail volume.
How to join Better Way Designs
To join Better Way Designs, you must first purchase a starter kit, which includes Better Way Designs products and marketing materials. The starter kit costs around $99. Better Way Designs also offers a larger, more comprehensive starter kit that includes additional products and marketing materials. The cost of the larger starter kit is around $249. Once you have your starter kit, Better Way Designs will assign you an independent Better Way Designs Consultant who will provide training and support to help you get started in your business.
You must also pay a one-time fee of $59, which covers your first year’s membership. After the initial investment, there are no other fees or minimums to maintain your Better Way Designs Consultant status. Better Way Designs also offers Consultants access to a website and app, both of which are designed to make it easier for Better Way Designs Consultants to track sales, manage their team, and redeem rewards.
Is Better Way Designs legitimate?
Better Way Designs is a legitimate MLM that offers a great opportunity for people looking to start their own business and earn supplemental income. Better Way Designs provides its Consultants with the tools, training, and support they need to build a successful business. Better Way Designs also has an ethical mission of providing jobs to victims of human trafficking who have been freed, making it a socially responsible company. Better Way Designs is not a pyramid scheme, as Consultants are compensated for the sale of products and not just for recruiting others into the business.
It is important to note that Better Way Designs does not have a pyramid structure. Under a pyramid scheme, Consultants are paid to recruit other Consultants, even if they make no sales. Better Way Designs does not have this structure; instead, Consultants are compensated based on the sale of products and services.
Has Better Way Designs been involved in any complaints or lawsuits?
Better Way Designs has not been involved in any major lawsuits or complaints. Better Way Designs is a member of the Direct Selling Association (DSA) and adheres to their code of ethics. Better Way Designs also has a strong history of customer satisfaction and positive reviews from its Consultants.
What we like about Better Way Designs
- Better Way Designs offers an ethical mission to help those who have been victims of human trafficking.
- Better Way Designs provides its Consultants with the tools, training, and support they need to build a successful business.
- Better Way Designs has a strong history of customer satisfaction.
- Better Way Designs is not a pyramid scheme; Consultants are compensated for the sale of products, not just for recruiting others into the business.
What we don’t like about Better Way Designs
- The only obvious downside to Better Way Designs is that the initial cost of the starter kit may be too expensive for some people.
- Better Way Designs does not provide Consultants with leads, so they must find their own customers and rely on word-of-mouth advertising to grow their business.
Are there alternatives to Better Way Designs?
If Better Way Designs is not the right fit for you, there are other direct selling and multi-level marketing companies that may be a better fit. Examples of some alternatives to Better Way Designs include:
- Avon: Avon is a global direct selling company that sells beauty and personal care products.
- Jamberry: Jamberry offers nail wraps and other nail care products, as well as skin and hair care items.
- Pampered Chef: Pampered Chef sells kitchen tools and cookware through its network of Consultants.
- Beachbody: Beachbody sells health and fitness products, including home workout programs, supplements, and meal plans.
- Herbalife: Herbalife is a nutrition company that offers protein shakes, vitamins, and other health and wellness products.
- Rodan + Fields: Rodan + Fields is a skincare company that sells anti-aging and acne care products.
- Plexus Worldwide: Plexus Worldwide is a health and wellness company that sells dietary supplements, energy drinks, weight management products, and more.
- Arbonne: Arbonne is a health and beauty company that sells skincare, cosmetics, nutrition, and more.
- Stella & Dot: Stella & Dot is a fashion company that sells jewelry, accessories, clothing, and home decor.
- Mary Kay: Mary Kay is a skincare and makeup company that sells beauty products.
- Younique: Younique is a cosmetics company that sells makeup, skincare, and fragrance products.
- Young Living: Young Living is an essential oil company that offers essential oils, diffusers, and other home care products.
Better Way Designs is a legitimate MLM company that offers an ethical mission to help those who have been victims of human trafficking. Better Way Designs is not a pyramid scheme, as Consultants are compensated for the sale of products and not just for recruiting others into the business. Better Way Designs has a strong history of customer satisfaction and has not been involved in any major lawsuits or complaints. Although the initial cost of the starter kit may be too expensive for some people, Better Way Designs provides Consultants with the tools, training, and support they need to build a successful business. Ultimately, Better Way Designs is an excellent opportunity for those who are interested in helping others while building a profitable direct selling business. However, if Better Way Designs is not the right fit for you, there are other direct selling and multi-level marketing companies that could be a better fit. We encourage you to do your research before joining any MLM company.
We recommend thorough research before joining any multi-level marketing company. One of your best sources of online about these companies is I Buy I Review. We’re committed to providing honest and unbiased reviews of MLM companies so you can make an informed decision before joining.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.