If you’re looking for an opportunity to become your own boss and make money from home, you may be considering Belcorp. It’s one of many multi-level marketing (MLM) companies that sell cosmetics. So is Belcorp a scam or legitimate? In this Belcorp MLM review, we’ll answer all your questions about this company including its history, products, compensation plan, and more. We’ll also give our honest opinion about whether its products are worth the price and if it’s a good opportunity for making money.
Belcorp is a direct selling company that was founded in 1968 in Lima, Peru. It sells cosmetics and personal care products through a network of independent sales representatives called “Beauty Consultants.” Belcorp operates in 18 countries including the United States, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, Ecuador, Spain, France, and more.
- Skincare: Bel Essence, Bel Naturals.
- Makeup: Bel Colours.
- Fragrances: Bel Fragrance.
- Hair Care: SedaBel.
Some of Belcorp’s most popular products are its “Esenciales”- a line of basic skincare products that includes a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and serum. Belcorp also has a subscription service called “Bel Box” where customers can receive a monthly box of Belcorp products.
Belcorp’s products are available for purchase on its website and through its independent Beauty Consultants.
Belcorp products are middle-of-the-road in terms of price. For example, a Bel Essence skincare set that includes a cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and serum costs $69. That’s not cheap but it’s not outrageous either. And remember, you’re also paying for the convenience of having the products delivered to your door.
How does Belcorp work?
Now that we know a bit more about Belcorp, let’s take a look at how it works. Belcorp is an MLM company, which means it uses a pyramid structure to sell its products. Independent Beauty Consultants are recruited to sell Belcorp products. They earn a commission on their own sales as well as a percentage of the sales of the Beauty Consultants they’ve recruited (their “downline”). Belcorp operates in 18 countries and has over 500,000 independent Beauty Consultants.
The Belcorp compensation plan has four levels:
- Beauty Consultant: You must purchase a Belcorp starter kit ($99) to become a Beauty Consultant. The Belcorp starter kit includes Belcorp products, business materials, and training. You earn a 20% commission on your personal sales.
- Senior Beauty Consultant: You must have at least $300 in monthly personal sales to qualify as a Senior Beauty Consultant. You earn a 25% commission on your personal sales.
- Director: You must have at least $600 in monthly personal sales and three personally recruited Belcorp Beauty Consultants to qualify as a Director. You earn a 30% commission on your personal sales.
- National Director: You must have at least $1200 in monthly personal sales, six personally recruited Belcorp Beauty Consultants, and three personally recruited Directors to qualify as a National Director. You earn a 35% commission on your personal sales.
Belcorp also offers bonuses and incentives, including trips, cars, and cash prizes.
Can you make money with Belcorp?
Yes, it is possible to make money with Belcorp. However, like all MLM companies, the vast majority of Belcorp Beauty Consultants do not earn enough to make a living. In fact, Belcorp’s own 2018 Income Disclosure Statement shows that less than one percent of Belcorp Beauty Consultants in the United States earned more than $100,000 in that year.
To make money with Belcorp (or any MLM company), you need to be able to sell products and recruit other Belcorp Beauty Consultants to do the same. This is no easy task and it’s not for everyone. If you’re not a people person or if you don’t have experience selling, Belcorp is probably not the right opportunity for you.
What we like about Belcorp
- Belcorp is a legitimate company with quality products.
- Belcorp is a global company with operations in 18 countries.
- Belcorp offers a subscription service (Bel Box) for customers.
Is Belcorp a scam or legitimate?
Belcorp is not a scam. It’s a legitimate company that sells quality cosmetics and personal care products. However, like many MLM companies, there are some concerns about Belcorp.
- Belcorp products are expensive. For example, a Bel Essence skincare set (cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and serum) costs $159. That’s nearly double the price of similar products from other brands.
- Belcorp requires its Beauty Consultants to purchase a Belcorp starter kit in order to join. The Belcorp starter kit ranges in price from $99-$499 which is a significant investment.
- Belcorp operates like many other MLM companies where the vast majority of participants do not make enough money to cover the cost of their starter kits, let alone make a profit.
- Belcorp operates in 18 countries, but its products are only available in Belcorp’s online store and through Belcorp Beauty Consultants. This means that if you live outside of a country where Belcorp operates, you will not be able to purchase Belcorp products.
- There is always the risk that you will not be able to sell Belcorp products and make a profit.
Belcorp has been in business for over 50 years. It is a member of the Direct Selling Association (DSA) and abides by its Code of Ethics. Belcorp has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
Are there alternatives to Belcorp?
If you’re interested in joining an MLM company that sells cosmetics, there are several alternatives to Belcorp including Mary Kay, Avon, Rodan + Fields, and Oriflame.
- Mary Kay is one of the most popular MLM companies and has been in business for over 50 years. It offers a wide range of skincare, makeup, and fragrance products. You can join Mary Kay for free but you must purchase a starter kit ranging in price from $100-$225.
- Avon is another well-known MLM company that has been in business for over 100 years. It sells a wide range of skincare, makeup, fragrance, and hair care products. You can join Avon for free but you must purchase a starter kit ranging in price from $25-$100.
- Rodan + Fields is a newer MLM company that was founded by the doctors who created Proactiv. It offers skincare and anti-aging products. You can join Rodan + Fields for free but you must purchase a starter kit ranging in price from $45-$585.
- Oriflame is an MLM company that sells skincare, makeup, fragrance, and hair care products. You can join Oriflame for free but you must purchase a starter kit ranging in price from $49-$499.
- Beachbody is an MLM company that sells fitness and weight loss products. You can join Beachbody for free but you must purchase a starter kit ranging in price from $39.95-$59.95.
- Plexus Worldwide is an MLM company that sells health and wellness products. You can join Plexus Worldwide for free but you must purchase a starter kit ranging in price from $99-$499.
- Herbalife is an MLM company that sells health and wellness products. You can join Herbalife for free but you must purchase a starter kit ranging in price from $94.95-$124.95.
You can also join an MLM company that isn’t focused on selling cosmetics or beauty products. For example, Young Living is an MLM company that sells essential oils and other health and wellness products. You can join Young Living for free but you must purchase a starter kit ranging in price from $45-$160.
Be sure to do your research
Each of these MLM companies sell different products and have different compensation plans. We recommend doing your own research to find the MLM company that is right for you.
One place to start your research is I Buy I Review. We provide comprehensive, unbiased reviews of MLM companies, their products, and their compensation plans.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.