If you’re considering joining Pure Romance as a consultant, you’ll want to read our Pure Romance review first. We’ll tell you everything you need to know about this MLM company that sells a wide range of products including sex toys, lingerie, cosmetics, creams, essential oils and more. Discover the history behind Pure Romance, what products it sells, how it works, whether it’s a pyramid scheme or a legitimate MLM company, how to join and the company’s compensation plan, complaints and lawsuit against the company, what we like about Pure Romance and what we don’t like about Pure Romance, and are there other MLM companies that offer similar products.
What is the history of Pure Romance?
Pure Romance is a multi-level marketing company that was launched in 1993 by Patty Brisben.
She started Pure Romance after she was unable to find a job that allowed her to earn enough money to support her family.
She then began selling adult products out of her home and soon recruited other women to do the same.
The company has since grown exponentially and is now one of the largest MLM companies in the world, with over 50,000 consultants. Pure Romance is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and has over 500 employees. The company has been featured on “Good Morning America,” “The Today Show,” “The View,” “Oprah Winfrey Network” and more.
What products does Pure Romance sell?
- Bath and shower.
- Beauty and body.
- Lubricants and creams.
- Sex toys
- Massage products
How does Pure Romance work?
Pure Romance works similarly to other MLM companies. It sells a wide range of products via its consultants, who earn a commission on every sale they make. Consultants can also earn additional commissions by recruiting other consultants to join Pure Romance and by meeting sales targets.
To become a Pure Romance consultant, you must purchase a starter kit.
The starter kit costs $199 and includes over $400 worth of Pure Romance products.
Active consultant requirements include a minimum of $250 in sales every three months and the purchase of at least one Pure Romance product every three months. There is also a $25 annual renewal fee.
What is Pure Romance’s compensation plan?
Pure Romance’s compensation plan is based on a point system.
Consultants earn points for every sale they make, which are then converted into commissions. The more points you earn, the higher your commission rate will be.
The many commissions consultants earn include:
- Personal Sales Commission: 40% – 50%.
- Supervisor Sales Commission: 12% – 20%.
- Director Sales Commission: up to 16%.
- Recruiting Commissions: Pure Romance offers a unilevel structure for its recruitment commissions. This means that consultants can earn commissions on the sales made by the people they recruit, as well as the sales made by the people those recruits bring in, and so on.
In addition to commissions, consultants can also earn bonuses by meeting sales targets and recruiting other consultants:
- Luxury Bonuses: Pure Romance offers a luxury car bonus to consultants who reach certain sales targets. To be eligible for the bonus, consultants must maintain a minimum of $250 in monthly sales and have at least two people in their downline who are also making sales.
- Team Bonuses: Pure Romance also offers bonuses to consultants who meet certain sales targets with their teams.
- Leadership Bonuses: Pure Romance offers leadership bonuses to consultants who reach certain levels in the company. These include the Director, Presidential and Elite levels.
To qualify for these bonuses, consultants must meet certain criteria, including minimum sales requirements and team size requirements.
Is Pure Romance a pyramid scheme?
Pure Romance is a legitimate MLM company. It is not a pyramid scheme because it does offer its consultants the opportunity to earn commissions on sales they make, as well as bonuses and other incentives. Under a pyramid scheme, consultants would only earn money if they recruited others into the company, without selling any products or services.
However, Pure Romance has been the subject of some lawsuits alleging that it is a pyramid scheme. In 2014, the company was sued by two former consultants who claimed that it was a pyramid scheme. The case was later settled out of court.
In 2016, Pure Romance was again sued by a former consultant who claimed that it was a pyramid scheme. The case is still pending.
In addition to the lawsuits alleging that Pure Romance is a pyramid scheme, the company has been the subject of other complaints and lawsuits.
- A class action lawsuit filed in 2016 alleging that Pure Romance violated labor laws by requiring its consultants to work more than 40 hours per week without being paid overtime. The case is still pending.
- A class action lawsuit filed in 2017 alleging that Pure Romance violated labor laws by misclassifying its consultants as independent contractors. The case is still pending.
- Complaints from customers who say they were misled about the quality of Pure Romance's products.
What we like about Pure Romance
- It has been in business for over 20 years.
- It offers a wide range of products.
- It has a compensation plan that is easy to understand.
- The company has a wide range of products that are popular with customers.
What we don’t like about Pure Romance
- The company has been the subject of lawsuits alleging that it is a pyramid scheme.
- It has also been the subject of complaints from customers who say they were misled about the quality of Pure Romance’s products.
Pure Romance is a legitimate MLM company, but we hesitant to recommend joining Pure Romance because of the many questions we have about its operations. If you are thinking about joining the company as a consultant, we recommend doing thorough research.
What to look for in an MLM company?
When you are looking for an MLM company to join, it is important to research the company thoroughly. You should look for a company that has been in business for several years and has a good reputation. The company should also have a compensation plan that is easy to understand and that offers good commissions.
An important source of information when researching MLM companies or other online money-making opportunities is I Buy I Review. We offer unbiased opinions on whether companies or programs are legitimate or a waste of your time and money.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.