Option Alpha Review: Is This Training Course Worth It?
Option Alpha is a trading course that has been making waves in the industry. The program, created by two Wall Street veterans, promises to teach you all you need to know about trading stock market options like a pro. So, is Option Alpha worth it? In this comprehensive review, we’ll take a look at what you get when you join the course, how well it works, and whether there are any better alternatives out there.
Who launched Option Alpha and when?
Option Alpha was founded in 2007 by Kirk Du Plessis and Jason Brown. Both men have extensive experience in the world of finance, with Kirk working as a derivatives trader for a major investment bank and Jason as an options market maker on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange.
Option Alpha’s current CEO is Andrew Keene, who joined the company in 2013. Prior to Option Alpha, Andrew worked as a professional options trader on the floor of the Chicago Board Options Exchange.
So, Option Alpha has some pretty impressive credentials. But does that mean it’s worth signing up for? Let’s take a closer look.
What is options trading?
Options trading is a type of investing where you trade contracts that give you the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell an asset at a set price on or before a certain date.
There are two types of options: call options and put options.
- Call options: A call option gives you the right to buy an asset at a set price on or before a certain date.
- Put options: A put option gives you the right to sell an asset at a set price on or before a certain date.
Options trading can be used to speculate on the future direction of a market, or to hedge against an existing position.
For example, let’s say you think the price of gold is going to go up in the next month. You could buy a call option that gives you the right to buy gold at $1,500 per ounce on or before the end of the month. If the price of gold does indeed go up, you can exercise your option and buy gold at $1,500 per ounce. You can then turn around and sell it at the current market price, making a profit.
On the other hand, let’s say you own a stock that you think is going to go down in value. You could buy a put option that gives you the right to sell the stock at $50 per share on or before the end of the month. If the stock does indeed go down, you can sell it at $50 and pocket the difference.
Options trading can be a very profitable way to make money, but it’s also risky. That’s why it’s important to get proper training before you start trading options. Which brings us to our next question…
What is Option Alpha and how does it work?
Option Alpha is an online options trading course. The course is made up of over 100 training videos, as well as a number of downloadable resources.
Once you sign up for the course, you'll have access to all of the training materials. You can go through the videos at your own pace and revisit them as often as you like.
The course is designed to take you from a complete beginner to a confident and profitable options trader. Option Alpha covers everything from the basics of options trading to more advanced strategies.
Option Alpha has 12 specific options trading courses:
- Introduction to Options Trading
- Option Greeks
- Option Strategies
- Trade Management
- Technical Analysis
- Fundamental Analysis
- Options Math
- Income Generation
- Option Spreads
- Portfolio Management
- Risk Management
- Psychology of Trading
Each course is made up of a number of modules. For example, the Option Strategies course is made up of four modules:
- Module #0 – Introduction to Option Strategies
- Module #I – Covered Calls
- Module #II – Protective Puts
- Module #III – Bull Put Spreads
Each module contains a number of lessons. For example, Module I of the Option Strategies course contains these lessons:
- Lesson #I.01 – What is a Covered Call?
- Lesson #I.02 – When to Sell a Covered Call
- Lesson #I.03 – How to Place a Covered Call Order
At the end of each lesson, there is a quiz that you can take to test your knowledge.
Option Alpha also offers a live trading room, where members can watch trades being placed in real-time and ask questions. The trading room is open four days a week, from Monday to Thursday.
In addition to the training materials and live trading room, Option Alpha also offers a number of other resources, including:
- A daily trade alert service
- A weekly options market report
- A glossary of options trading terms
How much does Option Alpha cost?
Option Alpha charges a monthly subscription fee of $97. There is also a 14-day trial available for $14.
How about complaints or lawsuits?
Option Alpha has been in business since 2007 and we could not find any complaints or lawsuits against the company.
What we like about Option Alpha
- The training materials are well-organized and easy to follow.
- The course covers a wide range of topics, from the basics to more advanced strategies.
- The live trading room is a great resource for members.
- Option Alpha offers a number of additional resources, such as the daily trade alert service and weekly options market report.
What we don’t like about Option Alpha
- The monthly subscription fee is on the high end.
- There is no money-back guarantee offered.
Are there any Option Alpha alternatives?
Yes, there are a few Option Alpha alternatives.
- Options Trading Education: This website offers a range of options trading courses, from beginner to advanced. Prices start at $97 per month.
- OptionVue: This software provides real-time options trading and analysis tools. Prices start at $89 per month.
- Option Pit: This company offers options trading education and coaching services. Prices start at $499 per month.
- Options University: This company offers options trading courses, webinars, and coaching services. Prices start at $997 for a one-time payment.
Is Option Alpha worth it?
That’s a difficult question to answer. It depends on your goals and expectations.
If you’re looking for a comprehensive options trading course that will teach you everything you need to know about trading options, then Option Alpha is definitely worth considering.
The course is very well put together and the training materials are easy to follow. Option Alpha also has a number of helpful resources, such as the daily trade alert service and the weekly options market report.
On the other hand, if you’re just looking for a few tips and tricks to help you make money trading options, then Option Alpha might not be worth the price.
It’s also important to keep in mind that options trading is a risky business. Even if you learn everything there is to know about trading options, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be successful.
So, ultimately, whether or not Option Alpha is worth it depends on your individual circumstances.
It’s important to do your research
Before signing up for any training course, it’s important to do your research and make sure the course is a good fit for you.
What to look for in a training course
When considering any type of training course, there are a few things you should look for:
- Does the course cover the topics you’re interested in?
- Is the course well-organized and easy to follow?
- Are the instructors knowledgeable and experienced?
- Do other people who have taken the course recommend it?
- Is the price reasonable?
An important source of information on the many online training courses that claim they will make you rich is I Buy I Review. We review these programs and offer our unbiased opinion on whether or not the program is worth your time and money.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.