Natura is a Brazilian multi-level marketing company that operates in 73 countries and has an annual income of $2 billion. Natura & Co Group, which includes Natura Cosméticos, Aesop, The Body Shop and Avon, was founded in 1969 by Antônio Luiz Seabra. The personal care cosmetics group adopted direct sales as a sales model in 1974. In this unbiased Natura review, we’ll let you know whether we think the MLM company is legitimate or a scam. You’ll learn how MLM companies work, what products Natura sells, how the Natura sales approach works, how Natura’s compensation plan works, what we like about Natura and what we don’t like about the company.
What products does Natura sell?
Natura has four brands:
- Natura Cosmetics: makeup, skin care, fragrances and hair care products.
- Aesop: botanical skin, hair and body care products.
- The Body Shop: natural beauty products.
- Avon: makeup, skincare, fragrance and personal care products.
As you can see, Natura sells a variety of personal care and cosmetics products, including skincare, haircare, fragrance, makeup, and bath & body products. Natura’s products are divided into three main categories:
- Natura Ekos: These are natural and organic products that are inspired by the Amazon rainforest.
- Natura Brasil: These are products that use Brazilian ingredients and are inspired by the country’s nature, culture, and people.
- Natura Una: These are products that are made with globally-sourced ingredients.
Natura products are manufactured in Brazil, France, Mexico, and India. Natura has a total of 13 factories, including 11 in Brazil and one each in France and Mexico. Natura also has an R&D center in India.
Natura products are made with a variety of natural and synthetic ingredients. Some of the most common ingredients include water, glycerin, coconut oil, shea butter, jojoba oil, and sunflower seed oil. Natura’s products are also free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and synthetic fragrances.
Natura says its products are cruelty-free. It does not test its products on animals, and all of its products are vegan.
Customers generally say that they are happy with the quality of Natura products. Natura offers a wide range of products, and customers seem to find what they’re looking for. There are some complaints about the price of Natura products, but overall, customers seem satisfied with the quality.
Natura product line
Bath & body:
- Shower gel
- Body lotion
- Body cream
- Hand cream
- Foot cream
- Hair treatment
- Hair styling
Mom & baby:
- Baby lotion
- Baby cream
- Baby soap
- Eye cream
- Face serum
- Face mask
Natura’s prices are on the higher end. A 16.0-ounce bottle of Natura shower gel costs $18, while a similar sized bottle of body lotion costs $20. A Natura lipstick costs $22, while a Natura mascara costs $24.
Natura’s pricing is in line with other high-end cosmetics brands. However, some customers feel that Natura’s prices are too high.
Natura does offer some discounts. For example, customers can get 20% off their first order when they sign up for Natura’s email list. Natura also offers free shipping on orders over $50.
What is Natura’s sales approach?
Natura uses a direct selling model, which means that its products are only sold through independent consultants. Natura does not have any brick-and-mortar stores. Consultants sell Natura products through in-person parties, online parties, and one-on-one consultations. Social media is also used to sell Natura products.
How much does it cost to join Natura MLM?
It costs $39.99 to join Natura as a consultant. As a consultant, you'll receive a starter kit that includes product samples, marketing materials, and training resources. If you're interested in becoming a Natura consultant, you can sign up on the Natura website. The sign-up process is quick and easy, and you can start selling Natura products as soon as you're approved.
As a Natura consultant, you'll earn a 20% commission on all of the products you sell. Natura offers a tiered commission structure, which means that you'll earn a higher commission as you sell more products. Natura also offers bonuses and incentives to its top-selling consultants. Consultants also have the opportunity to earn additional commissions by recruiting other consultants and building a team.
Natura’s compensation plan has three main components: personal sales commissions, team commissions, and bonuses.
- Personal Sales Commissions: Consultants earn a commission on the products they sell. The amount of the commission depends on the consultant’s rank, with higher-ranked consultants earning a higher percentage.
- Team Commissions: Consultants also earn commissions from the sales of their team members. The amount of the team commission depends on the consultant’s rank and the number of team members.
- Bonuses: Natura offers a variety of bonuses, including rank-based bonuses, performance bonuses, and leadership bonuses. Bonuses are paid out in cash and Natura product credits.
Does Natura support its consultant network?
Natura provides its consultants with a variety of training and support resources. Natura’s training program, Natura University, offers online courses that cover topics like product knowledge, sales techniques, and business building. Natura also offers in-person training events, which are held periodically throughout the year. In addition to training resources, Natura provides its consultants with marketing materials, such as flyers and brochures. Natura also has an active social media presence, which is used to promote Natura products and events.
Is Natura a pyramid scheme?
Natura is not a pyramid scheme. Pyramid schemes are illegal, and they are based on recruiting new members rather than selling products. Natura is a legitimate MLM company that offers its consultants the opportunity to earn commissions by selling products and recruiting new consultants.
What we like about Natura
- Natura’s products are vegan and cruelty-free.
- Natura offers a variety of natural and organic products.
- Natura has a tiered commission structure, which means that you can earn a higher commission as you sell more products.
- Natura also offers bonuses and incentives to its top-selling consultants.
What we don’t like about Natura
- Natura is a direct selling company, which means that its products are only sold through independent consultants. This can make it difficult to find Natura products if you’re not already familiar with the company.
- Natura’s compensation plan is complex and may be confusing for new consultants. This may make it difficult for some consultants to earn commissions.
- Natura does not disclose the average earnings of its consultants.
- Natura does not have a money-back guarantee. This means that if you are not satisfied with a Natura product, you will not be able to get your money back.
Is Natura a scam?
Overall, we think Natura is a legitimate MLM company. It has been in business for over 50 years and has a strong global presence. We like that Natura’s products are made with natural and synthetic ingredients and that the company is cruelty-free. However, we don’t like that Natura’s products are only available through its consultants and that the compensation plan is complicated.
We do not recommend joining Natura because of its complex compensation plan and lack of transparency regarding the average earnings of its consultants.
If you are considering joining Natura, we recommend doing your research and talking to a few consultants to see if it is the right fit for you. We also recommend reading Natura’s terms and conditions carefully before joining to make sure you understand the company’s policies.
If you’re looking to get away from the grind of a 9-to-5 job and exploring ways to make a reliable income, your No. 1 source of information is I Buy I Review. There’s no shortage of MLM companies that claim their programs will make you rich. We buy these programs and then review them to determine if they’re worth your time and money. Be sure to check out our unbiased reviews.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.