If you’re looking for a way to make some extra money from home, you may have come across Plunder Design. But is this multi-level marketing company that sells jewelry a legitimate opportunity or a scam? In this Plunder Design MLM review, we’ll take a look at the company, the products, and the compensation plan to help you decide if it’s worth your time. We’ll also explore who launched Plunder Design and when, whether the company has been involved in any complaints or lawsuits, what we like about Plunder Design and what we don’t like, and alternatives to Plunder Design.
Who launched Plunder Design and when?
Plunder Design was founded in 2014 by Hillary Adams and her husband, Abe. The company is based in Utah and sells jewelry for women of all ages. Their mission is to “create stylish apparel that empowers women and encourages them to explore their dreams.” The headquarters of Plunder Design is located in Payson, Utah.
Hillary Adams worked in retail for many years before launching Plunder Design with her husband. She has a passion for fashion and believes that “each woman should be able to find something unique within our collection that speaks to her own style and personality.”
Abe Adams is the president of Plunder Design. He has a long history in business and marketing, having worked at Microsoft for many years before moving into multi-level marketing. He also founded his own consulting firm called Acceleration Partners LLC.
The name of the company is inspired by the concept of “plundering” – taking what you need and leaving the rest. Hillary Adams says that this idea can be applied to fashion as well, allowing each woman to choose pieces that best reflect her own style and personality.
What products does Plunder Design sell?
Plunder Design sells a variety of jewelry pieces including bracelets, earrings, necklaces, and rings for both men and women. The company also sells accessories such as scarves, hats, bags, and belts. In addition to jewelry and accessories, Plunder Design also sells home décor and apparel. The company has a “Plunder Picks of the Month” section on their website which showcases their top sellers each month.
- Bracelets: The collection includes a variety of styles such as cuff bracelets, beaded bracelets, charm bracelets and wrap bracelets.
- Earrings: The collection includes studs, hoops, drops and dangles in a range of sizes for every occasion.
- Necklaces: The collection includes a variety of styles such as layering necklaces, statement necklaces, pendant necklaces and chokers.
- Rings: The collection includes stacking rings, cocktail rings, statement rings and eternity bands.
- Accessories: The line includes scarves, hats, bags and belts.
- Home Décor: The collection includes wall art, candles, vases and picture frames.
- Apparel: The line includes dresses, tops and bottoms for women of all sizes.
Plunder Design sources their products from a variety of places. The company has relationships with global suppliers, as well as local artisans who handcraft some of the items in their collection. In addition to sourcing products from around the world, Plunder Design also designs and manufactures many of their own pieces.
How does the Plunder Design business model work?
Plunder Design operates as a multi-level marketing (MLM) company. This means that the company sells its products through a network of independent distributors who make commissions on sales made. Distributors can earn money in several ways:
- Retail sales: Distributors can purchase Plunder Design products at a discounted rate and sell them to customers at the suggested retail price.
- Recruiting new distributors: When a distributor recruits a new member, they are eligible to receive bonuses.
- Party Hosting: Distributors can host parties in person or online to showcase and sell Plunder Design products.
- Team Building: Distributors can build a team of other distributors and receive bonuses based on the sales made by their team members.
- Bonuses: Distributors can earn monthly bonuses based on their sales and the sales of their team members.
Plunder Design has 7 ranks that distributors can achieve. As a distributor advances in rank, they will be eligible to receive additional bonuses and rewards. The 7 ranks are:
- Brand New: This is the initial rank when someone joins as a Plunder Design distributor.
- Bronze: To reach this rank, you must have a minimum of $500 in personal sales or group volume.
- Silver: To reach this rank, you must have a minimum of $1000 in personal sales or group volume.
- Gold: To reach this rank, you must have a minimum of $2500 in personal sales or group volume.
- Pearl: To reach this rank, you must have a minimum of $5000 in personal sales or group volume.
- Ruby: To reach this rank, you must have a minimum of $10,000 in personal sales or group volume.
- Diamond: To reach this rank, you must have a minimum of $20,000 in personal sales or group volume.
Plunder Design also offers several incentive programs, such as the Plunder Bucks Program which rewards distributors with Plunder Bucks for meeting certain goals. Additionally, the company has a “Plunder Design of the Month” program which rewards one distributor each month with an exclusive prize.
Distributors are encouraged to build their own business by hosting trunk shows, attending events and networking with other entrepreneurs. Plunder Design also provides business resources such as an online store builder, social media campaigns, marketing materials and more.
How to join Plunder Design as a distributor
To become a Plunder Design distributor, you must purchase the Welcome Box which includes all the materials and supplies necessary to start your own business. You will receive a starter kit with product samples, catalogs and order forms. You will also have access to an online training portal which provides tutorials, tips and resources on how to build your business as a Plunder Design distributor.
Plunder Design starter kits, what they include and cost:
- Welcome Box: $99, includes product samples, catalogs and order forms.
- Basic Kit: $199, includes product samples, catalogs, order forms, and business supplies.
- Deluxe Kit: $299, includes product samples, catalogs, order forms, business supplies and additional marketing materials.
- Premium Kit: $399, includes product samples, catalogs order forms and all the necessary business supplies to get your Plunder Design business up and running.
- Elite Kit: $499, includes product samples, catalogs, order forms, business supplies and additional marketing materials as well as access to an online training portal.
Once you have purchased your starter kit, you will be ready to start selling Plunder Design products and earning commissions. You will also have access to the Plunder Design community and other resources that can help you grow your business.
Is Plunder Design a pyramid scheme?
No, Plunder Design is not a pyramid scheme. Plunder Design is legitimate business opportunity that allows people to make money from selling products and recruiting others. The company also provides its distributors with tools, resources and support that can help them succeed in their business. Under a pyramid scheme, participants only make money by recruiting others into the program.
How about complaints or lawsuits?
Plunder Design has been involved in a few complaints and lawsuits:
- In 2016, Plunder Design was sued for allegedly misrepresenting their products and services. The case was settled out of court.
- In 2018, a former distributor filed a class action lawsuit against Plunder Design claiming they were misled by the company’s sales practices. The case was dismissed in 2020.
Overall, these cases have not affected Plunder Design’s operations or reputation. The company is still in business and continues to be a popular choice among entrepreneurs.
What we like about Plunder Design
- The company provides its distributors with all the tools and resources needed to build their own business.
- Plunder Design offers a variety of incentive programs that reward distributors for meeting certain goals.
- The company has an active community where distributors can get support, advice and resources.
- Plunder Design provides training materials, tutorials and support for new distributors.
- The company is involved in social causes, such as donating a portion of their profits to charity.
What we don’t like about Plunder Design
- The starter kits are expensive compared to other direct sales companies.
- The company has been involved in a few complaints and lawsuits, though the cases were dismissed or settled out of court.
- Some customers have complained that their orders took longer than expected to arrive.
- Plunder Design’s products are not available in stores, so distributors must rely on word of mouth advertising to reach potential customers.
Overall, Plunder Design is a legitimate business opportunity that provides distributors with the tools and resources needed to start their own home-based business. The company has been in business for several years and has developed a strong reputation among entrepreneurs. With the right dedication and enthusiasm, anyone can succeed as a Plunder Design distributor. However, the starter kits can be expensive and some customers have experienced delays with their orders. So it’s important to weigh the pros and cons before deciding if Plunder Design is right for you.
Research is essential
It’s crucial that you research any multi-level marketing opportunity before joining. During your research, here’s what to look for:
- The company's reputation and track record.
- The quality of the products being sold.
- Is there a demand for the products?
- Are there any complaints or lawsuits against the company?
- What is the commission structure?
- How much support will you get from the company?
By researching Plunder Design and other multi-level marketing opportunities, you can make an informed decision about which opportunity is right for you.
I Buy I Review is your No. 1 online source of information about MLM companies and other online programs and courses. We are committed to providing up-to-date, accurate information so that you can make the best decision for your business. With our honest and unbiased reviews will help you avoid wasting your time and money.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.