As you know, social media has become a huge part of our lives. We use it to communicate with friends and family, we share pictures and videos on them, and we are even using it as a marketing tool for businesses! That’s right – social media is the newest way that companies can reach their target audience. But how do they get started? What should they do first?
This post will go over the basics of what any business needs to know about building an effective social media campaign.
What is a social media campaign?
A social media campaign is the promotion of a personal or business’s products, services, content and other assets through one or more forms of an online medium. This could include Facebook posts that promote your latest blog post about technical SEO tips for example.
Social media campaigns are becoming increasingly important due to how many people use them as their primary news source.
How do social media campaigns work?
A social media campaign can work by posting content to various sites on a regular basis. This includes updating your Facebook and Twitter page with links or images from the latest blog post, for example.
It also means joining other related groups in those networks where you could interact with people who might be interested in what you have to offer. Those connections could lead to more followers, leads or customers for your business.
To start a social media campaign, you’ll want to first decide on which platform is best suited for it from the ones that are available.
Different platforms have different demographics that might be interested in what you have to offer and different ways of connecting with those people. Forcusing on one social media platform that is best for your business will end up saving time and resources.
What are the 6 types of social media platforms?
Social media platforms that can be used in ecommerce marketing are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Snapchat.
The platforms you choose will depend on what kind of sale your business is making or the service work it does. For example if you’re selling clothes then a platform like Instagram would be appropriate because people in that market generally prefer shopping through social media than they do through an ecommerce website like Amazon. On the other hand, if you were selling a home then Facebook would be more appropriate because of how popular it is with older generations and parents who are thinking about buying homes for their children in future.
Each has its own benefits and drawbacks so it’s important to keep track of which ones work best for you before fully committing.
What are some examples of social media marketing?
A social media marketing campaign can be anything from posting a photo of you or your business to an Instagram account with the hashtag #summertimefun where people who are interested in summer activities will see it, to creating and maintaining a Facebook page for your company which posts relevant content daily.
Examples of a successful social networking campaign include:
- A company tweets that they’re going to be giving away free products in order to generate excitement about their new product line. In this scenario the tweet is successful because it generates more customers by attracting people who were interested in the company and its products.
- A fashion blogger posts a YouTube video of herself reviewing new clothing items from an online store she loves. After watching this, people are more likely to make purchases because they feel confident that they’re making good decisions about what clothes look best on them.
- A company posts a blog post on their website about how to make your own iced tea. The article is successful because it provides information that people are looking for, and they can use this information right away in order to save money or time.
- A company posts a blog post that provides information about the various benefits of their product. This is successful because it shares useful knowledge with people who are interested in what they have to offer, and could potentially lead them into making purchases.
- The CEO of an online shoe store posts on social media about one pair of shoes she has available for a great deal. This is successful because she provides a special offer to her followers, and gains more sales in the process.
How do you get started with a social media campaign?
In order to get started with your social media marketing campaign, you’ll need some tools for building it up. The first thing that you might want to do is choose which platform(s) you would like to use.
- Facebook: This is a great place to build an online community, and can be used for all sorts of different advertising. You’ll want to make sure that you have the right keywords in your profile so people will find it more easily. Make sure that you fill out everything about yourself on your timeline.
- Twitter: Twitter is a good place for microblogging, and can be used to share opinions on the go. Â You should make sure that you have the right keywords in your profile so people will find it more easily.
- Pinterest: This social media tool has become hugely popular recently because of its focus on visual content. It’s a little different to use than the others, but can be great for building traffic.
- YouTube: This is an option if you want to make videos about your business and upload them on social media. Make sure that these are clear and concise so they’ll go viral.
Those were just some of the ways in which you can use social media to build and sustain an online marketing campaign.
How to choose the best social media platform
There are many different ways in which you can use social media to market your business, but what is the best platform for doing this? There’s no one answer that suits all situations. The most important thing is understanding where your target audience hangs out and choosing a platform on which they spend time. You should also consider the type of business you’re promoting, and how your social media campaign will reach them.
Why is social media marketing important?
Social media marketing has become one of the most important aspects of digital marketing. Here are just a few reasons why social media is so valuable:
- It’s free to use!
- You can share your content on multiple platforms in as little time and effort as it takes you once.
- Your potential customers see what you’re posting anyway, so you might as well have some say in what they see.
- It’s a great way to keep your customers up to date with new product launches and discounts.
- Social media marketing has been shown to be more effective than other forms of digital marketing.
- It’s an invaluable tool for building relationships with your customers and prospects.
- Social media has higher levels of engagement than other marketing platforms.
Social media marketing examples:
Here are three examples of social media campaigns that worked really well for different businesses:
- Natural Grocers: Natural Grocers is an organic grocery store that has been around for over 30 years. They have a huge following on Facebook and Instagram, with more than 700k followers on each platform. Their social media strategy includes posting pictures of their products or posts about healthy eating habits mixed in between occasional promotions.
- The Hobbit Cafe: The Hobbit Cafe in Utah has many different types of social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. They post pictures on their restaurant as well as posts about upcoming events they’ll be hosting or products for sale that are relevant to the cafe’s brand identity.
- Zappos: This shoe company is popular online because they offer free shipping both ways if you order a pair of shoes. They also have an interactive social media campaign called “Ask-A-Shoe Expert” where their followers can ask questions on any topic related to shoe care and they’ll answer them in a blog post or video.
How do you track a social media campaign?
There are a few ways to see the success of your social media marketing campaign. You can use Google analytics or Facebook insights, which will show you how many people clicked on your post and engaged with it, as well as how long they stayed on the page reading your content.
You may also choose to track conversions in order to gauge the success of your campaign. For example, you could track how many people register for a conference or purchase an item after clicking on your social media post with something like MailChimp’s “Convertkit.”
In addition to these advanced analytics, you can also use a simple social media counter app (such as Hootsuite or Social Counter) that will show your follower count. You may notice in this post that there are two counters: one for Instagram and the other for Twitter. These apps let you see how many followers/following each account has, as well as how many posts have been made. Keep in mind that you can also use these apps to schedule your posts ahead of time and track engagement rates.
Check out our reviews on online training programs
If all this seems a bit overwhelming or too difficult for you right now, don’t worry. There are online training courses that can teach you how to use social media campaigns to build a successful business. Ecom Elites offers training that includes how to boost organic traffic by using the Instagram platform.
Check out I Buy I Review’s comprehensive Ecom Elites review here to help you decide if it fits your needs.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.