Facebook Marketing: The Social Media Site You Shouldn’t Ignore
Facebook marketing is an excellent way to promote your business. If you’re not using Facebook for marketing, then you’re missing out on a large segment of the population who are actively using this social media platform every day. With so many people on Facebook, it’s important that your business gets in front of them with targeted ads and posts – otherwise they’ll never see what you have to offer.
In this article, we will discuss how to get started with Facebook marketing and give tips for setting up a successful campaign. First off, let’s talk about why Facebook Marketing is so important.
What is Facebook marketing?
Facebook marketing refers to the promotion of a business, person or other entity through paid advertisements and sponsored posts on Facebook. It is one of many social media platforms where businesses can advertise their products and services.
Facebook marketing is essential for a business to grow today. It’s the most used social media platform and it has over 2 billion active users, which gives your company plenty of potential customers.
According to Facebook IQ research, “45% of American adults use at least one social networking site.” This made up 96% of the adult population in America.
With Facebook marketing, you can target a highly specific audience or promote your business to everyone on Facebook. And with over 106 million businesses using it, there’s plenty of potential customers for you waiting out there.
What are the benefits of Facebook marketing?
The benefits of Facebook Marketing are that it’s an inexpensive, easy-to-use, dynamic platform with great reach and offers an opportunity to promote your business.
Facebook marketing is easy to use because all you need is a Facebook account and something interesting about your company or product, which can be edited on the fly as needed. It has great reach that offers an unlimited number of potential customers with over one billion users worldwide! You also have the ability to promote your posts to target the people you want to see it.
That means that if you have a product for sale and are not marketing on Facebook, there’s plenty of potential customers for you waiting out there.
What are the types of Facebook marketing?
There are two types of Facebook marketing: organic and paid. Organic means you create posts that have the potential to be shared by your customers on their own, or in groups related to topics they’re interested in. Organic is free but takes more time because it relies on people interacting with your content for it to spread virally – something that can’t be predicted or controlled.
Paid is what most people think of when they talk about Facebook marketing, and it's a good idea to use both paid and organic in combination with one another. Paid posts are ones where you pay for them to show up within someone's feed without having interacted with the page themselves - like an ad.
It's a good idea to use both paid and organic in combination with one another. Facebook marketing is a great option for any business, whether they're small or large! It's not easy and there are many different strategies to try out until you find what works best but it can be well worth the effort.
Strategies for creating an effective Facebook marketing campaign
There are several strategies if you want to create an effective Facebook marketing campaign. They can include:
- Using an image that is eye catching and engaging. A good photo can be used to capture the attention of followers, as well as illustrate what your business offers in a unique way.
- Acknowledging milestones or achievements that you may have had recently on Facebook with posts about them. This will help keep people interested in what you have to say, as well-meaning social media users may not know about your company’s successes without these posts.
- Posting links that are related to the content in an article or blog post on your Facebook page will help keep followers engaged and interested in what they’re reading while also helping them find out more information from other sources online.
- Posting a variety of content and pictures that are related to your company’s niche will help keep followers interested. Offer opportunities for debates or discussions by asking questions in post captions, as well as posting content from other pages that may be relevant to the topic you’re discussing.
- Encouraging followers to comment on your posts. This will make them feel like they’re part of the conversation, and that you value their opinion.
What kind of businesses use Facebook marketing?
A variety of operations use Facebook marketing:
- Small businesses: Facebook is a simple way for small business to market themselves and get their product or service in front of new customers.
- Nonprofits: Nonprofit organizations can use Facebook marketing as an effective fundraising tool while also providing valuable information about the organization’s cause.
- Educational Institutions: Colleges, universities, high schools and other educational institutions can use Facebook marketing to recruit new students, keep current alumni updated and advertise on their behalf.
- Professional Services: Any professional organization or business that needs customers or clients can benefit from a Facebook marketing campaign.
- Travel Agencies: Travel agencies have the opportunity to create an online presence for themselves with an effective Facebook marketing campaign.
- Restaurants: Restaurants can use Facebook marketing as a way to promote their business, showcasing featured items and specials.
- Retail Shops: Retail shops of every size can benefit from a Facebook campaign by attracting potential customers with discounts, advertisements or coupons for in store purchases.
- Sports Teams & Events: Sports teams and events can promote team membership or upcoming games through an interactive Facebook campaign.
- Social Causes: Social causes can share information about fundraising activities, programs for the community, volunteer opportunities, etc., to raise awareness of their cause with a custom online marketing strategy on Facebook.
Steps to take when setting up Facebook advertising campaign
The first step to take when setting up your Facebook advertising campaign is to set your goal.
If you want people in the local area to visit a new store, then make sure that when creating ads for Facebook you select location as an option. This will allow potential shoppers see the advertisements of nearby stores and click on them if they are interested or have missed out on their chance at shopping there already.
If you want people to buy new products or services, then select the option of boosting awareness. This will allow your ads get more exposure across various channels and reach a wider audience.
The last step is targeting certain groups based on their interests in order to increase relevancy with them. You can do this by selecting age ranges (such as 18-24), location, gender and even education level.
How to measure the success of Facebook marketing
Facebook marketing is all about how well you are able to build your audience and measure the success of it. Essentially, Facebook allows users to connect with friends or family members through status updates that gives them an update on their life. With this in mind, businesses can take advantage of Facebook by advertising themselves on these pages.
There are a few different ways in which you can measure the success of your Facebook marketing campaign.
The first step is to evaluate how many people are following your page. You will be able to see this number on the right hand side, and it will change if you promote posts or other content that appears on their timeline.
Second, take a look at your reach. Reach is the number of people who have seen your post in their news feed or timeline. You can see this by hovering over a post and seeing how many people it has reached next to “seen.”
The third step is to evaluate engagement, which will help you determine if customers are taking action on what they see from your page.
The fourth step is to use “custom audiences” on Facebook, which are people that you have collected from wherever possible (i.e., email list or Google forms). You can then promote ads and posts to these specific groups of viewers by sending them offers directly through your personalized tab in the audience settings menu.
The fifth step is to use “lookalike audiences” on Facebook, which are people who have similar characteristics as your target customers. Using this method you can promote posts or ads to groups of viewers that are likely to need what you’re selling based on their demographics and interests.
The sixth step is an important one: be aware of the time-sensitive nature of Facebook marketing. You have to promote your posts and ads when they will be most effective, so you’ll want to use a tool like Hootsuite or Buffer for scheduling in advance.
The seventh step is determining the best way to advertise on Facebook based on which demographics seem more receptive at certain times of day.
How to learn about Facebook marketing
There are many tutorials available online that will teach you how to use Facebook marketing. A valuable resource is I Buy I Review. We buy online training course and review them to determine which are legitimate and which are a scam. Check out our recent review of eCom Success Academy here. This course from Adrian Morrison includes Facebook marketing as one of its topics.
I buy and review courses so you don’t have to. Sometimes, I even find courses that are legitimate and worthwhile; and that’s how I accidentally came across one that led me to building a 6-figure business in a little under 5 years. Now, I still review courses because it’s my favorite hobby. 🙂 Learn more about me here.